Manually adjusting clutch cable for xud

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Manually adjusting clutch cable for xud
As title really I'm sure someone has done it. I cant find the thread. Has it been deleted for some reason?
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Hang on I'll find it. It's my guide

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=30107

Still going perfect for me and still really light
Thanks given by:
zx one works fine there manual fitted a few to my 306's never had an issue gets rid of the shitty auto adjuster

Thanks given by:
(23-02-2016, 07:14 AM)Paul_13 Wrote: Hang on I'll find it. It's my guide

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=30107

Still going perfect for me and still really light

Legend! I seriously couldn't find it last night!! I'll give you some rep once home! Smile
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
My ph1 xud had an adjustable cable also fyi
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(23-02-2016, 09:53 AM)Piggy Wrote: My ph1 xud had an adjustable cable also fyi

Hmm never seen one. All my phase ones have had auto adjusters. Typical pug parts bin I guess though.
Thanks given by:
I've tried searching before I could not find a 306 clutch cable without an auto adjuster for love nor money.

The grommet on the zx cable is too small and will move around in the hole, which is why I did what I did in my guide
Thanks given by:
manual ones have been long superseeded by auto adjust.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Used a 1995 Xantia one on the 206 when I put the 306 box on.

Just my input.
Thanks given by:
(23-02-2016, 11:32 AM)mr_fish Wrote: Used a 1995 Xantia one on the 206 when I put the 306 box on.

Just my input.

Hmm ill see which ones cheaper.

Just rang motor factors the part numbers are different so definitely different cables. Still both pull type. Zx ones part number is fkc1407 and xantias one is fkc1419.
Thanks given by:
Quick google shows:

Part Number: FKC1419
Length [mm]: 1549

Part Number: FKC1407
Length [mm]: 1464

306 DT looks to be part number: FKC1189

Length [mm]: 1526
Thanks given by:
Yeah so all around the same sizeish all will do the job. I'll get the longer of the 2 as its on the 306.
Thanks given by:
Is there a way to convert a hdi type?
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(23-02-2016, 10:24 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: Is there a way to convert a hdi type?

Gti flywheel, xud clutch etc. Then run one of these.
Thanks given by:
(23-02-2016, 10:24 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: Is there a way to convert a hdi type?

Logically, just find a late ZX manually adjusted cable from a model with a push-type clutch, rather than the pull-type that is used on TD's. Off the top of my head the 1.9 NAD and 1.8 petrol should use the push-style clutch as per a 306 HDi.

I'm sure looking at Citroen Servicebox and cross-referencing part numbers should bring something up.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
I'll have a look at that then, cheers
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
so i bought the xantia one off ebay to find out that the connection on the clutch pedal side is wrong. which sucks. any suggestions on how to swap ends out or connect the old cable to the new. im not buying another one for now as i got this super cheap and my budget is low. i have a few cable connectors lying about thinking about something like that. any suggestions?

Ps the auto adjuster one on my xud that im stripping is buggerd as well
Thanks given by:
What end is on the xantia cable? could you not fit the bit as shown below? Don't know how 'thick' the hook is on a 306 pedal though.

[Image: 2013-03-31115911_zpsfa21a6a3.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'd avoid that type if possible tbh, paul13 has used a very late ZX cable which has the same pedal fitting as a 306.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Its sort of round and looks as if it goes into that plastic bit youve pictured fish. Whats that off the pedal look near as dam identical to the 306 one and that plastic bit would probably fit
Thanks given by:
Ahh yeah, like what I had, Xantia clip was wrong so changed it.

Pedal is off a 206 1.4 Petrol

White Clip is off a 405 SRi

Can gather what welshpug is meaning, those white clips like to break though if the clutch is all new and light (as far as a 306 can be) shouldn't been too much of an issue.
Thanks given by:
Ok i might just clamp it to the pedal with some sort of metal u clamp or something. Make it more secure than a plastic clip
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New clutch cable needed jcsh 3 1,798 11-02-2021, 05:01 PM
Last Post: ekjdm14
  Citroen ZX 1.9 TD Clutch Cable drew 0 1,417 17-05-2019, 12:58 PM
Last Post: drew
  clutch cable routing carlukepeugeot 4 2,315 29-10-2016, 08:24 PM
Last Post: carlukepeugeot