Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disconnecting rear brake lines at the front
No bronze couplers like that on our 306 estate, just the male to female union couplers down under the ecu area going to the back, and a male/female coupler on the run to the drivers side ( r/h/drive british car market ) close to the brake servo.

I made some dummy very very short pipes with the correct unions for the ends of the pipe that i remove from the car.

Suitable short bit of pipe, flare formed and union slide on, then fold the open end and flatten with a hammer, fit these into the union on the car that you have just removed the pipe from, so the system does not empty. Have even used male to male coupler, so can use a bleed nipple.

I made 2 types for each of the unions used on the car, ie male and female.

initial bleeding i do is by gravity/syphon, till fresh clean fluid comes out of the very end of the pipe I have just fitted, then connect to the next section/hose/caliper etc, and repeat.

Catch drips in old jam jar or similar, then when happy as much air as possible is out of the pipe, bleed in the normal way.

Keep your eye on the master cylinder res fluid level and do not allow it to empty.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Disconnecting rear brake lines at the front - by pug306driver - 12-05-2016, 06:59 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do I buy? rear brake pipe corroded, covered in grease or other material pipes Charlie0 3 6,966 18-04-2019, 10:14 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Uneven brake drag on rear wheels balkan_bozo 2 2,072 21-10-2018, 11:10 AM
Last Post: balkan_bozo
  Rear brake compensator leaking Ben 4 2,979 24-04-2018, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Ben