Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disconnecting rear brake lines at the front
So I have finally decided to change the rear beam. Well the car decided for me, as the rims for summer has a different ET, and got stuck on the arch Tongue
Brake lines have been there since 94, and are pretty stuck. Been spraying em with freeze spray, but don't seem to want to come loose. Slightly rounded the small union because it is rusty. Vice grips next. But to the question. If the brake, or maybe I should do it anyways since they are so rusty. Is it hard to change them? Or are they pretty accessible all the way to the master cylinder? Bit risky to do myself? My local dealer sells flaring kits and the rest I need for a ok price. Easy to make mistakes when flaring?

"editing in new question":
Removing the lines from the splitterthingy just over the subframe. I will probably empty the reservoir of brake fluid then? And its not a clear path to the ground. Will the brake fluid destroy any rubber bushings it hits on the way, or is it nothing to worry about. Just try to catch as much as possible?
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Disconnecting rear brake lines at the front - by Iaitoo - 04-05-2016, 12:46 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do I buy? rear brake pipe corroded, covered in grease or other material pipes Charlie0 3 6,792 18-04-2019, 10:14 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Uneven brake drag on rear wheels balkan_bozo 2 2,053 21-10-2018, 11:10 AM
Last Post: balkan_bozo
  Rear brake compensator leaking Ben 4 2,941 24-04-2018, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Ben