Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinking of doing the unthinkable. Suggestions?
Update:
So the shogun I heard about for £700, spoke to him and he wanted only £600 and was only 1.5 miles from me!!! Went to view and test drive, well it pulled like a train and had ALL the toys and extras! BUT! T/C light was on and a warning for N/S/R??? supposedly it had new starter motor, recon alternator, and fuel pump seal done. It was on 138k, there was a greasy olily sludge in various places throughout the engine bay, the 2 boot seats had been removed and weren't present. a lot of rust on the chassis, pin had gone in upper boot door hinge, and about a 30cm and very deep patch of rust along with smaller equally deep patches surrounding the glass roof! stupidly awkward to weld..... and oh I can't weld and dont have a welder.
So even though cheap wasn't the family motor / weekend toy I was hoping for so walked away.
Since then as ever people / companies have come out of the woodworkand eroded the budget so now at most if the 306 is sold have about 1-1.5k available. So as it stands gona fully service the 306, change gearbox oil, hopefully get a set of a adjustable gear links of a fellow memeber & work colleague and 2 new tyres ad keep rolling for now, but getting sick of the drama every year now over the decat so probably will still be looking and hopefully as credit cards get paid down may have more funds available for another try in about 6 months time.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thinking of doing the unthinkable. Suggestions? - by Dodgy Bob - 13-09-2015, 08:41 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thinking about defecting!!! bashbarnard 23 4,209 10-01-2017, 09:50 PM
Last Post: cully
  nurburgring camping suggestions firemoth 1 943 27-04-2015, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Poodle
  Next car suggestions.. philpemberton94 30 8,985 13-01-2015, 09:45 AM
Last Post: j-n-88