Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Few questions about intercooler and mapping
(14-03-2014, 05:25 PM)pro_steve Wrote: It depends on how much you want to spend and how much time you have on your hands.
Stage 1 is VERY easy to do and gives the car a new lease of life.
Stage 2 will be very powerful, but you need to be good with mechanics to fit all the parts and set the car up properly.

Both require the car to be in good condition and well maintained.

For the stage 2, yes you will need a mechanical boost controller, I recommend to use a ball and spring controller rather than a bleed valve. I've got a little guide on fitting them both on my site if needed.

Personally I wouldn't use a cone filter unless there is absolutely no way around it (for example intercooler pipes in the way). They suck in hot air, and your MAF will die quite quickly from all the dirt going through it (if you use a rubbish cone). If you use a good cone (oiled) then the MAF will be ruined by the oil, kind of a lose lose situation IMO.

hi pro steve,

my car already has a stage 1 map, I have also done timing belt kit/water pump, oil+filter, fuel filter etc.

The cone filter killing MAF's is a myth imo as I have run all makes on cone filters on a wide range of cars and never had one problem.

Once I have fitted a intercooler I may be in touch for a stage 2 Smile

cheers
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Few questions about intercooler and mapping - by my-first-306 - 14-03-2014, 06:55 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Diagnostics gubbins/mapping Uberderv 37 5,322 15-08-2017, 07:36 AM
Last Post: Uberderv
  Hdi mapping software/vnt ecu control Chris306 14 3,842 06-09-2014, 03:05 PM
Last Post: Ruan
  New Laptop = Mapping Time. Dodgy Bob 12 2,698 29-04-2014, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Kwik