Diagnostics gubbins/mapping

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diagnostics gubbins/mapping
Hi all, 

Not been keeping up to date with the HDI world for the last few years, is Peugeot Planet still the one to get? Also would that be best bought through ebay or is there another better site to buy from?

I would also like to dabble in mapping, is it still WinOls and KWP2000 to upload?

Rofl
Thanks given by:
sp peugeot planet can be obtained through ebay quite easy. The uploading maps I use MPPS (about a tenner off ebay) and for adjusting maps WinOLS which im still yet to find a good copy of so if anyone else knows that would be great. There are also other free programs online that you can use as well but WinOLS seems to be the one to get.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Cheers Bash, I remember there was a free mapping tool which was ok just can't remember the name of it. I'm going to have a mooch through some mapping forums too.
Thanks given by:
You can use tunerpro to edit maps which is free but you do need to have a definition file for your ecu type, unless you define the maps yourself
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(08-07-2017, 11:36 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: You can use tunerpro to edit maps which is free but you do need to have a definition file for your ecu type, unless you define the maps yourself

Where do you get them from though thats the issue
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
If you're lucky enough someone else might have done it, i haven't seen one for edc15 though
Thanks given by:
There was one for the BMW EDC15C2 and for Alfa JTD I think.
Thanks given by:
Find them in WinOLS demo, make up the XDF manually, might do a guide some time how to do it.

Even if there was one for EDC15C2, you can guarantee there's not one available for the software version you're working on. 98% of maps are the same between all PSA EDC15C2 anyway so just a case of knowing what they look like.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
So as my interest in mapping is growing could any of you home tuners confirm this would be a good set up-

Latest EVC demo to find maps.
Tunerpro to edit and Export maps.
Galletto to upload.
PP2k to see what you've f*cked up ha ha Smile

Just unsure on the checksum, I know the full EVC Winols will calculate it but i do not have that kind of cash to be spunking out on a toy. This is purely a hobby and not just for power gains.
Thanks given by:
Galletto is sketchy as fk, you're basically rolling the dice on whether the cable will work or it'll fail halfway through. Have even seen them arrive from the supplier already broken.
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
You don't have to use the galletto cable with the galletto program, provided you change the hardware ID's in the .exe.

I can't remember the name of the checksum corrector I have (if i do i'll edit this post), essentially though you select the ECU hardware from a list, then select a stock OEM file and point it at the tuned file and it will correct the checksum for you.

EDIT: it was ultimo checksum corrector, link i got it from here: http://ms43wiki.com/index.php/File:Check...rector.zip

Windows does flag it as malware so make of that what you will
Thanks given by:
Cheers for the info, is the galletto really that bad? I have used KWP2000 many times without issue, I thought the galletto wad an improved version... what is a safer alternative?

Thanks for the link Midnightclub I'll have a look later on.

Smile
Thanks given by:
Mpss i think it is? Seems to be the cable of choice these days. Np!
Thanks given by:
The MPPS clones are much more stable than KWP2k/Galleto from what I've seen... In honesty, it doesn't matter anyway, EDC15C2 is literally unbrickable, if you cock up a flash, it's merely a case of touching pin 24 of the 29F400 inside to ground and powering on the ECU and flashing in boot mode - that way you can write the file even if the ECU won't boot up as normal because of a checksum issue/incomplete write.

IIRC the MPPS software will checksum your file if you click on the "Checksum" button with the correct protocol loaded - never tried it myself though.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Thanks given by:
Handy info about flashing in boot mode, will try and remember that!
Thanks given by:
Aye cheers Ruan good info. So is it safe to take a copy of the ECU with a Galleto (already got one) then wait for the MPPS to arrive before I upload my first map? Got plenty to learn first but I'd like my actual ECU file to begin with.

It's a 3 plug version, I hope that won't make a difference....
Thanks given by:
(01-08-2017, 06:12 PM)Uberderv Wrote: Aye cheers Ruan good info. So is it safe to take a copy of the ECU with a Galleto  (already got one) then wait for the MPPS to arrive before I upload my first map? Got plenty to learn first but I'd like my actual ECU file to begin with.

It's a 3 plug version, I hope that won't make a difference....

Yeah youll be fine to pull with one and flash with the other. As others have said though the mpps seems to be a better product to use from what ive heard. Ive only ever used mpps and not once had an issue, downloaded/uploaded maps in around 20ish cars with it now including four of my own and a load of non 306s. As for the 3 plug ecu the actual file is slightly diffrent from what i understand just not around the running parameters though. Things like IMMO are treadted diffrently from what ive read and tried to look at. I do literally suck at this though and struggle to find the most basic maps let alone adjust them
Thanks given by:
From a mapping them point of view, the process between a 3 plug and single plug is no different. The software it's based on is the same, there are slight differences, but only the same sort of differences you'd find between an early single plug 0281001976 and a late single plug 0281010551 for example...
Thanks given by:
Cheers geezers, I'm actually looking forward to doing it. It's like the evolution of DIY HDI tuning. Smile
Thanks given by:
Just bring it in to me, it will be much easier Wink I first started learning tuning myself on the 2.0 HDI almost 10 years ago now, and there's certainly a lot to learn haha.

If you do want to go down the DIY route just search for my posts on the tuning forums, but it's only basic beginner stuff in my threads.
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Ha ha sorry Steve I'd like to learn it, got plenty of time as it's not for a particular project more for my own curiosity Smile

Plenty comes up in the mapping forums if you search long enough....
Thanks given by:
Can anyone help with a little Winols problem pweeeease ??? Itwasntme Ive been finding/naming maps axis etc... but when I look in 3d some of the spacing on the x/y axis is not equal as seen in the pic below. I can't find a way to get equal spacing which is doing my noggin in.  Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Miscellaneous > Configuration > 3d Mode (on left menu) > Value Depended Scaling.

Not sure why you'd want to turn that off really though!

Also factors are off for those maps - but you probably knew that Tongue
Thanks given by: Uberderv
Thanks Ruan, yeah I've not set the factors etc....  as I spent ages looking how to sort the spacing out lol  Rofl
Thanks given by:
The spacing is set up right for the scale of each axis, otherwise if your axis was something like:

10.0 20.0 30.0 40.0 40.1 40.2 40.3

There'd be the same gap between 10, 20, 30 as between 40.1, 40.2, 40.3 - if you were looking at the map in 3d view, that's hugely confusing!
Thanks given by:
Oh so towards the peak in the pic above it jumps from 60 to 120 therefore the distance between the two points is also greater than eg. 60 to 70.

I just seem to remember my old version was always the same no matter what the increase in value..
Thanks given by:
Correct - the gaps shown are scaled to the axis - so in the above example, that's why the gap between 60 > 120 is the same physical size as the gap from 0 > 60.

That's why without that enabled, the Injector Calibrations look all messed up.
Thanks given by:
Looks better in my backwards mind, thanks again Ruan Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
The RP axis is now not showing the fact that between 119 > 120bar there is the cutoff for no injection below that pressure, so you now get an interpolated ramp upwards at the same spacing as the 120 > 200bar breakpoints, even though the spacing is totally shunted up in that area... If you catch my drift.

Mind you - shape of the maps mean nothing, it's all about the exact numbers in those maps Tongue Not that you should be touching the Inj Cal maps anyway hehe.
Thanks given by:
Thanks Ruan, yeah I understand what you're saying. Don't worry I'm ages off altering any maps, I only chose the duration map as it displays what I was trying to describe quite clearly.

I'm making good progress finding maps now in text mode, only ones I'm still unsure about selecting is the single value limiters, I can find them but don't know how to select them..... more research me thinks Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  All the gubbins between turbo and back box Orta 5 1,267 05-11-2015, 09:53 AM
Last Post: Toms306
  Hdi mapping software/vnt ecu control Chris306 14 3,762 06-09-2014, 03:05 PM
Last Post: Ruan
  New Laptop = Mapping Time. Dodgy Bob 12 2,636 29-04-2014, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Kwik