Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Professional driving licence changes, agree or disagree?
(27-10-2013, 08:09 PM)Chris Wrote: For pcv drivers this may be more of a issue as a lot of drivers are taught by the companies they work for using the vechiles that they will drive day to day. Being that most buss are full auto giving these licence holders may manual rights may cause more of a issue.

Agreed, trucks not so much of a issue but still downright dangerous if the driver did learn and pass auto only then gets given a fully laden 12-speed with all the toys and no training and a town centre rush hour or school let out time delivery.
Most bus companies are auto and as such train auto, I trained independently as I wanted manual for coach and touring work (and I still ended up at arriva) but most coaches in independent companies and tourers are manuals and as such the driver should be specifically trained.
If there was a simple say 30min upgrade test we a examiner I think that should suffice but just giving it to people for nothing is wrong imo
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Professional driving licence changes, agree or disagree? - by Dodgy Bob - 27-10-2013, 08:27 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Driving licence returned Sian 12 1,980 22-03-2015, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Sian
  How will you lose your licence? Niall 38 3,331 16-10-2014, 10:59 AM
Last Post: Paisleycheesewarrior
  Anyone else agree this is a fairly sensible policy? Razorback_Rob 45 6,211 04-10-2014, 03:28 PM
Last Post: Daniel306