Anyone else agree this is a fairly sensible policy?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone else agree this is a fairly sensible policy?
[Image: 83fb540cfd6b238a8ec3f6927534caea.jpg]

I wholeheartedly agree on this. Under 16's plus energy drinks is one hell of a nightmare. Anyone else agree?
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
Good plan, there's some awful shit in them. I only use them in case of emergencies. Like being hungover.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
They've never really had an affect on me haha, never liked the taste anyway. But I guess everyone reacts different to them
Thanks given by:
I restrict myself to how many I drink. Only if I'm lacking or really need the energy. But I hate to think the effects it has on your body. Mind you I popped 2 minutes further down the road where they're £1 a can instead on £2.59. Bloody services!

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
I've never tried them after watching the episode of Inbetweeners where Will drinks them. lol

I don't see the point of stopping under 16s buying them though, just means they'll get their parents to buy them or they'll go to another store.
Thanks given by:
(02-10-2014, 10:53 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: Good plan, there's some awful shit in them. I only use them in case of emergencies. Like being hungover.

Pretty much this.
Thanks given by:
(02-10-2014, 10:55 AM)Toms306 Wrote: I've never tried them after watching the episode of Inbetweeners where Will drinks them. lol

I don't see the point of stopping under 16s buying them though, just means they'll get their parents to buy them or they'll go to another store.

LOL! I can just imagine your arms twitching & you saying "CAN SOMEBODY CALL MY MUMMY" lol.

EDIT: scratch that, that's the cannabis one isn't it haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5lV-Ry9-tU
Thanks given by:
(02-10-2014, 10:55 AM)Toms306 Wrote: I've never tried them after watching the episode of Inbetweeners where Will drinks them. lol

But like underage drinking it's a deterrent. Will never be completely stopped but try our best to keep the little shits bouncing off the wall! Saw a lad yesterday running into the road Infront of a fiat 500 clutching a can of that acidy-piss tasting happy shopper energy drink (Matt-rallye enjoys these Wink ) and I will make the unfair judgement that it was the energy drinks fault for the erratic behaviour Wink

Aha I can just see a 306 owner "I thought it was safe, I thought it was a fart, Phil!"

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
(02-10-2014, 10:57 AM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote:
(02-10-2014, 10:53 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: Good plan, there's some awful shit in them. I only use them in case of emergencies. Like being hungover.

Pretty much this.

Bacon, egg and black pudding in a breadcake washed down with a can of Monster and 3-4 Marlboro reds. Cures any hangover!
Thanks given by:
(02-10-2014, 10:59 AM)THE_Liam Wrote:

Pretty much this.

Bacon, egg and black pudding in a breadcake washed down with a can of Monster and 3-4 Marlboro reds. Cures any hangover!

Just lucozade until I feel the urge to vomit subside then grease Big Grin

Add an energy drink if I've hardly had any sleep.
Thanks given by:
I barely drink and if I do I tend to run out of money before I get wasted. My hangover cure is to avoid movement and feel sorry for myself [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
(02-10-2014, 10:58 AM)JJ0063 Wrote:

LOL! I can just imagine your arms twitching & you saying "CAN SOMEBODY CALL MY MUMMY" lol.

Lol, the energy drink one is where he shits himself during an exam. lol Came close several times without any energy drinks! lol

Don't think I've seen the cannabis one though, don't remember seeing that if I did! lol

(02-10-2014, 10:58 AM)Razorback_Rob Wrote:

But like underage drinking it's a deterrent. Will never be completely stopped but try our best to keep the little shits bouncing off the wall! Saw a lad yesterday running into the road Infront of a fiat 500 clutching a can of that acidy-piss tasting happy shopper energy drink (Matt-rallye enjoys these Wink ) and I will make the unfair judgement that it was the energy drinks fault for the erratic behaviour Wink

Aha I can just see a 306 owner "I thought it was safe, I thought it was a fart, Phil!"

Don't think it a deterrent tbh. When I was at school a lot of the other kids were smoking, most had fake ID or just nicked them off their parents, unfortunately I was never cool enough but tended to hang around for a calming passive at the bus stop haha. By year 11 (age 16) most had got bored and stopped though! Imo its better to be able to try things than not be allowed them, soon as you tell someone they're not allowed something that's all they want!!

Was same with alcohol for me, I'd always known you weren't allowed it until 18...so assumed it was amazing and couldn't wait. Was given a beer by my step dad at about 15 and it was a massive anti-climax, didn't like the taste and I had trouble getting up the stairs to bed lol. Don't drink at all now lol.
Thanks given by:

Pretty much this.

I think your hangover cure would leave me with a bit of a hangover... lmao
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(02-10-2014, 11:20 AM)Toms306 Wrote:
(02-10-2014, 10:58 AM)JJ0063 Wrote:

Lol, the energy drink one is where he shits himself during an exam. lol Came close several times without any energy drinks! lol

Don't think I've seen the cannabis one though, don't remember seeing that if I did! lol

(02-10-2014, 10:58 AM)Razorback_Rob Wrote:

Don't think it a deterrent tbh. When I was at school a lot of the other kids were smoking, most had fake ID or just nicked them off their parents, unfortunately I was never cool enough but tended to hang around for a calming passive at the bus stop haha. By year 11 (age 16) most had got bored and stopped though! Imo its better to be able to try things than not be allowed them, soon as you tell someone they're not allowed something that's all they want!!

Was same with alcohol for me, I'd always known you weren't allowed it until 18...so assumed it was amazing and couldn't wait. Was given a beer by my step dad at about 15 and it was a massive anti-climax, didn't like the taste and I had trouble getting up the stairs to bed lol. Don't drink at all now lol.

That's a fair point about making it more desirable by making it seem exclusive to those above a certain age. I would still think it deters them from being able to buy them directly. It's as if they then need to get a middle man just to get to it, but then again most just ask their parents and it's done without hesitation so is it even worth it.

Still if it helps why not Wink

The cannabis one is hilarious too by the way! [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
Used to drink quite a lot of these back in college. My thought process of "aha I'll stay awake through class and be proper hyped to learn" backfired when I would crash halfway through a class and fall asleep of which my friend who sat next to me thought itd be really funny to jab me really hard in the kidney to wake me up..we don't talk much now

At uni I found monster rehab, it's not fizzy and is tea/lemonade. Was nice to drink and actually hydrates you, good to keep you going for all nighters
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
good call two girls when I was back at school drank them constantly ending up with both of them shaking for about 3 hours on stop :/
Thanks given by:
my ex drank red bull all the time. if she was thirsty before bed she would have some... such a joke. Lack of understanding and stupidity!

Id agree with it tbh. Even for sports youre better off with a sports drink rather than an energy drink.
Thanks given by:

Pretty much this.

How can you do monster when hung over haha? Even the smell makes me chunder. Nice big glass of freezing water in a morning
Thanks given by:
I don't really trust drinks like that, my cousin bought one when he was 12, and he thought he was going to have a heart attack,
I have tasted one mixed with vodka, it was sickly and that was it. After a sports event, what happened to having good old water?
Thanks given by:
I've cut down massively from what I used to drink.
Rarely have a can a week if that.

It's a good way to rot your teeth, give you diabetes and make you a caffeine addict
Thanks given by:
f*cking nightmarish at school.. They fill up in the morning and come to school..bouncing off the walls by 9.30
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
(02-10-2014, 01:16 PM)Paul_13 Wrote: I've cut down massively from what I used to drink.

It's a good way to rot your teeth, give you diabetes and make you a caffeine addict

where I work, they don't really sell, they are bloody expensive for a can, I told the red bull rep that too, as she was complaining why there wasn't a delivery in for them, I told her, they are not selling at that price, i wouldn't buy it at that price, well over 2 quid for a can! They just say sell at a £1 a can!
Thanks given by:
i once filled my entire locker with empty red rooster bottles during my a levels... it was just like the inbetweeners!
Thanks given by:
(02-10-2014, 01:16 PM)Paul_13 Wrote: I've cut down massively from what I used to drink.

I used to be addicted to them, sounds stupid but it ca get way out of hand! especially when they can be had for 35p in most shops...

As Steve said, monster Rehab is the shizzle! and i have cut down massively on even those.
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(02-10-2014, 10:53 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: there's some awful shit in them

(02-10-2014, 10:59 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: 3-4 Marlboro reds, cures any hangover

lulz
Thanks given by:
(02-10-2014, 02:21 PM)r3k1355 Wrote:
(02-10-2014, 10:53 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: there's some awful shit in them

(02-10-2014, 10:59 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: 3-4 Marlboro reds, cures any hangover

lulz

That's why I quit Wink

However, it was always very effective.
Thanks given by:
Im a smoker but cannot physically smoke if hungover as it WILL make me spew lol
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(02-10-2014, 02:38 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Im a smoker but cannot physically smoke if hungover as it WILL make me spew lol
When I smoked I smoked more when I was hungover because it made me feel better...
Thanks given by:
f*ck that lol

Work is a complete no smoking site so i go without fags from when i wake up (i hate smoking first thing) till 5pm anyways

I consider myself more of an evening smoker these days lol
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(02-10-2014, 12:47 PM)procta Wrote: After a sports event, what happened to having good old water?

There's a couple of events I've seen who give you a large glass of Erdinger alcohol free beer...apparently a fantastic isotonic drink !!!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A fairly rare sight in Scotland LOL maxaret 9 2,290 12-05-2016, 03:27 PM
Last Post: maxaret
  Professional driving licence changes, agree or disagree? Dodgy Bob 4 1,703 27-10-2013, 08:27 PM
Last Post: Dodgy Bob
  Mirror car insurance policy Daniel306 4 1,379 03-09-2013, 03:14 PM
Last Post: procta