Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Ph1 D-Turbo project (black betty)
I have never got round to doing a project thread for my car on this forum. So finally here it is;

I bought a black ph1 d turbo off a mate in 2009, who after buying a new car had it on his drive for a year in bits.
I only paid £260 for it but it needed work, lots of it!

So this is what it looked like then, half a body kit,m3 mirrors, sun strip etc etc.

Work on the car has been slow as i'm not a mechanic and it's my daily driver, so i rarely get time to put it up and do major work.
Anyway so far since I bought it i have done a lot of work to it. there's still a lot needs doing but here's where i'm up to. It had done 96,000 miles when i got it.

Engines on 130,000 (just), regular servicing, replaced the rad, water pipes, glow plugs, gearbox, clutch (twice), all steering components near enough, cam belt, water pump, brakes are standard front and its and rear is lowered 60mm on gti disk beam, new battery, ph1 front bumper, cyclones, de-wipered, s16 blue flek leather interior, new engine mounts, technix coil overs and loads more.

Standard internals on the block, had a bosch conversion and it's been tuned and gov mod'd. KKK K14 turbo turned up quite high on actuator, boosting 21 psi. Induction kit, and fmic with de-cat straight through to a standard back box.

Some recent-ish photos;

I recently went to my boot to find this in the back panel,

Also 2 years ago a woman in an X5 reversed into the ns quarter panel and did this nasty mangled dent. Luckily it came out really well,

The garage that fixed it also did a scratch on the bumper and a key scratch down the side of the drivers door for free Smile. The only problem was they had painted the whole panel and section of drivers door a different shade to the rest of the car. I didn't notice until i saw it in sunlight, which brings me to future plans.

Plans are;
full respray in original black within 1 year
paint cyclones white with black pug lions
refurb front bumper
tidy stide strips/spoiler etc.
tidy rust in the boot (from having no arches in the past)
change rear bumper
tidy fmic piping route
complete engine clean
do something with the head lights
back box to finish exhaust
new turbo (when the kkk gives up the ghost)

Some more progress shots,

My ground LDA pin arrived today so that will be on soon along with some gti skirts i've just finish painting.

Any comment appreciated steve

Few more photos here, a few things have changed sine these photos. ill take some new ones soon,

Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Black Ph1 D-Turbo project (black betty) - by doogle-d turbo - 11-07-2013, 11:18 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DeeC’s 306 VNT Turbo Build / Show Car Project darrencurry0808 63 23,449 30-12-2020, 01:45 PM
Last Post: darrencurry0808
  SRowells Black Rallye Eeyore 736 222,873 22-05-2020, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Project Truck Turbo MkII, gathering dust ozonehostile 418 189,203 29-08-2019, 09:51 PM
Last Post: Dturboleeds