Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motorsport/Automotive Engineering Job Hunt
Clearly attitude doesn't come across on a forum, but I'm not like that. Also most of the people I know in engineering went straight into graduate schemes, it's just how it's done now. I can fall back on volunteering if necessary, but paid experience looks better than voluntary, as surely it's a better review of your abilities if someone was willing to PAY you to do a job, rather than just exploiting you as free labour?

The main issue is in motorsport, as with most career paths, networking is everything; it's all about knowing the right people, and coming from where I'm from I have no contacts. The other major thing is interview skills, which I'm working on, but many of my peers have one over me on that due to far better education (some complete retard on my course has got a job with Rolls Royce Jet Engines somehow, despite having no practical knowledge, experience, social skills or enthusiasm, I can only assume it's due to his very expensive education). The way I'm going to succeed is by getting experience, I know that, but there's no point setting my sights at the bottom i.e. volunteering straight away, when there are many paid positions available.
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Motorsport/Automotive Engineering Job Hunt - by Kezzieboy - 02-01-2014, 06:18 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Job Hunt and Health Issues Toms306 183 36,609 05-09-2015, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Paul_13
  Sgs Engineering Group Buy Interest... Tom 16 2,662 21-01-2015, 11:55 AM
Last Post: Tom
  garage-automotive.com account Daniel306 3 1,531 29-11-2014, 06:52 PM
Last Post: CarDoctor