Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motorsport/Automotive Engineering Job Hunt
(02-01-2014, 05:28 PM)Niall Wrote: In which case your very misguided. You need to be able to stand out from the crowd of people doing the same course as you and the best way to do that is work experience (not necessarily in the exact role you are training for) so that when you go to companies trying to apply for jobs, you have proved that not only have you got the qualifications but you also have the mentality to work and work well (that is assuming you get a good reference :p).

Don't get too cocky thinking "oh i can just skip that because I've got a degree". There is always people out there that will be better than you at blagging their way into a job so you need to make yourself stand out from the crowd!

We shan't get into the uni argument again, but I have more experience than 90% of my peers, don't worry, I have that covered.

I've worked as an Engineer for a year, I'm heavily involved in formula student and I maintain my own car, most people haven't done anything at all. I'm trying to get the next bit of experience so come graduation next year I'm placing myself up there with the very top graduates in terms of experience.

I've also done plenty of extra curricular stuff, and had several part time jobs, so work ethic isn't an issue either.
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Motorsport/Automotive Engineering Job Hunt - by Kezzieboy - 02-01-2014, 05:38 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Job Hunt and Health Issues Toms306 183 36,321 05-09-2015, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Paul_13
  Sgs Engineering Group Buy Interest... Tom 16 2,647 21-01-2015, 11:55 AM
Last Post: Tom
  garage-automotive.com account Daniel306 3 1,518 29-11-2014, 06:52 PM
Last Post: CarDoctor