Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Oil smells of veg fumes, time to change?
#1
Reading this (I know it's for TDis but still):
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/c.caldow/Elsbett/oil.htm
I was wondering I can't do their tests (or more to the point I can't tell the result of them) but one thing I can say for certain is that my engine oil does smell of veg fumes. I changed it in October so it's not due for a change yet but I've decided to change it anyway to be on the safe side. I have also noticed small bubbles in the oil on the dipstick which I am not sure is a sign of anything or not. Just wanted some expert advice on the matter. Thanks in advance!

Edit: These are the results of the "blotting test" as detailed in the article:

[Image: P1010125_zps8f161ebb.jpg]

Not sure I can make heads or tales of that TBH! Although I did rub some oil between my fingers and it did feel slightly tacky rather than slippery like oil should feel.


Messages In This Thread
Oil smells of veg fumes, time to change? - by 306Puggy - 06-06-2013, 08:18 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  diesel fumes !!!! dec-66 9 5,544 28-10-2012, 11:44 AM
Last Post: dec-66
  Fumes.. n0v0s 9 5,117 08-03-2012, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Jenkosowls

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)