Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Clutch and Accelerator Cables
#1
Picked up a Phase 1 D Turbo on the weekend, and the only problems I have noticed is the clutch and accelerator pedals are quite stiff!

I have had a Phase 1 D Turbo in the past, and that also had a stiff clutch, I know it can be quite common with them. Would it just be a case of replacing the clutch cable, should this help?

More importantly, I have never had a stiff accelerator pedal before. I wouldn't say it's quite a case of 'all or nothing', but it is certainly not nice to use! Can be difficult to accelerate from say 60 on the motorway. I am guessing that a new accelerator cable would sort this out?

How easy is it to fit a new accelerator cable?

Thanks for any help guys.

Ash
Opinions are like bumholes. Everyone has one, and we all think everyone elses stinks.


Messages In This Thread
Clutch and Accelerator Cables - by Ash J - 21-01-2013, 07:21 PM
RE: Clutch and Accelerator Cables - by Rob_p6 pug - 21-01-2013, 08:10 PM
RE: Clutch and Accelerator Cables - by Tom - 21-01-2013, 08:11 PM
RE: Clutch and Accelerator Cables - by Chris_90 - 21-01-2013, 10:19 PM
RE: Clutch and Accelerator Cables - by samass - 22-01-2013, 01:18 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Accelerator cable devils_fuel 7 4,979 19-10-2013, 09:22 PM
Last Post: devils_fuel
  Accelerator cable Chris_90 8 5,032 24-12-2012, 11:18 AM
Last Post: CJ_Derv
  Accelerator pedal stiff Bananalad 8 5,776 03-12-2012, 07:40 PM
Last Post: Tom

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)