Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Accelerator pedal stiff
#1
In my dturbo when i push down on the acc pedal its real stiff, if i get someone to move the throttle cable when doing im pushing the pedal its as it should be, when left alone it goes back the way it was.. Any ideas? Thanks
#2
Just want to get this sorted as quickly as possible as have a long journey coming up!
#3
Does the throttle arm on the pump feel stiff as well or just from the pedal? You may just need some wd40 on the cable
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
#4
No its good on the throttle arm! I can fix the stiffness at the pedal if someone plays with the throttle cable itself
#5
Get a new cable or scrappy and blag one lol... Or be cheap like me and try to oil the one on there haha
Doesnt even own a 306.
#6
Whats the best way to get wd-40 on the cable? I presume its just put it under the rubber nearest the throttle arm and spray.. I wont be looking at it till tomorrow morning so just curious
#7
Mine was the same, I rathered a stiff peddle than a floppy peddle lmao
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
#8
(03-12-2012, 07:07 PM)Bananalad Wrote: Whats the best way to get wd-40 on the cable? I presume its just put it under the rubber nearest the throttle arm and spray.. I wont be looking at it till tomorrow morning so just curious

Yea, thats the way I did it, just keep pumping the pedal/moving the throttle arm while you spray, it may take a while for the oil to get all the way in so be patient!
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
#9
Disconnect it and stand on the slam panel holding the cable up. Gravity will help you lube down Wink
Doesnt even own a 306.


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stiff Throttle Pedal r3k1355 2 2,116 21-01-2014, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  Accelerator cable devils_fuel 7 4,965 19-10-2013, 09:22 PM
Last Post: devils_fuel
  Clutch and Accelerator Cables Ash J 4 3,560 22-01-2013, 01:18 AM
Last Post: samass

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)