April Lakes Camping Meet: FIRST POST FINAL DETAILS

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
April Lakes Camping Meet: FIRST POST FINAL DETAILS
(18-04-2013, 06:32 AM)4WayDiablo Wrote: Could it be that last min arrangements at a different camp site are made?
I doesn't appear to be that many people now coming and I don't want to be paying a whole lot more than a tenner a night
3 in mine
3 in Jakes
Poodle +1?
Dum
cgerrard
Johnny
CJD
I make that 11

Crspelogrwallly ? (Or however Chris wants to spell his username.)
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Again to echo the above I've budgeted £20 for camping and could stretch to £30 but cant afford any more. Really pissed off if we're only gonna get 14 people as thats nearly £20 pppn

Jonny/Carl I understand if you cancel and will give you a few quid so your not out of pocket.
Thanks given by:
Could always have a last minute location change?
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
I need to exactly what the plans are by 5 today otherwise am just gona work tomorrow and saturday instead ive had to take time off unpaid as not been with new company long and not aquired any holidays, so when i see im losing 200 in wages for booking 2 days off its not worth it. Hence y im having a winj about the cost going up Smile
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Well that's us out too. If she doesn't want us pitching when it gets dark I can't guarantee we'll be there in time, we won't be able to leave here until at least 5pm Saturday so no guarantee we'll be there in time to pitch up.

Sounds like she's dropped a bollock on this one.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Pellowe, that's the same as me. I can't guarantee I'd be there on time, and I'd hate to think I got there late and had to just turn around.

No point getting Aggy about it guys, it's not our fault we've all changed our minds. It's no-one really, except the woman who has changed the rules!

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
(18-04-2013, 08:28 AM)jammapic Wrote: Pellowe, that's the same as me. I can't guarantee I'd be there on time, and I'd hate to think I got there late and had to just turn around.

No point getting Aggy about it guys, it's not our fault we've all changed our minds. It's no-one really, except the woman who has changed the rules!

JP

^^This. Sounds like she's moved the goalposts and if I were Carl/Jonny i'd tell her to get f*cked and look elsewhere, possible for another date even.

My problem is i'm supposed to finish work at 4pm on Saturday, but there's been too many times I don't actually get in til near enough 5pm. By the time i've changed, got Linzi and wee man ready and loaded up, even if I load the car in advance, i'll be hitting Edinburgh/Glasgow traffic at that time and could easily be looking at 2.5-3hours travel time.

Plan was to doss up and enjoy a cheap night of banter. If i'm being threatened with some bollocks health and safety and Police intervention i'm staying home.

f*cking little Hitler.
Thanks given by:
Guys I'm sure its a fixed price of 10pppn and they was gonna do a deal that if 25come they wouldn't charge more than 500 for everyone both nights, so even if numbers change it should still be 10pppn think someones got the wrong end of the stick thinking it has to be a set amount paid? I'll try and give jonny or carl a bell and let you know asap guys but I also think my missus and one of my mates may be driving down aswel so 2 more
Official Team Go-NAD fan club
Thanks given by:
(18-04-2013, 09:11 AM)the milkman Wrote: Guys I'm sure its a fixed price of 10pppn and they was gonna do a deal that if 25come they wouldn't charge more than 500 for everyone both nights, so even if numbers change it should still be 10pppn

Hope your right there mate.

Just gotta wait for jonny/carl.
Thanks given by:
If you look back afew posts maybe even first page I'm sure that was the deal
Thanks given by:
At the end of the day, of the five admin who put their names down only one is still showing up, and the ones that have bailed waited until it was all booked before doing so. Just a bit disappointed by it I guess, but hey, shit happens.

How much is Jonny going to be out of pocket if this is rearranged? £150 was the deposit wasn't it? Be good if we can have a whip round to sort him out.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I would happily pay some cash to Jonny to recoup his losses if cancelled
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
(13-12-2012, 07:47 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: Price will be £10 PPPN, I've covered the deposit so just bring cash and pay when you arrive. Excess over £500 if any will go to the club fund unless people have any issues with this?

The dates are confirmed as Friday the 19th and Saturday the 20th April, out by midday on Sunday. I'll be there around 4.30 on the Friday afternoon. We're at Pound Farm campsite, postcode LA8 8JZ (https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=la8+8jz...k&t=h&z=17)

For food, I think it'd be best for people to BYO, but there is a Morrisons reasonably close. I'll be bringing a big BBQ, possibly a big gas stove, a load of homebrew, and other random camping paraphernalia.

We have access to the whole camping area, toilet and shower block (if it's finished, which it should be, there will be a new block on the field, if not it's 50 or so metres walk to the old one). I don't think there's a charge for the showers, will have to check.

Although we have the field to ourselves, there are lodges next to it which may be occupied, and I have assured the site manager that we'll be reasonable, IE not be a bunch of chavs, causing a lot of noise at 2am, clear up after ourselves ETC.. We want the opportunity to return next year. Basically if we're as we were at FCS, that's fine.

1. THE_Liam
2. Scott/Kim
3. Connor
4. Jonny81191
5. C.Gerrard
6. Samisanass
7. MissTap
8. Ginge
9. Poodle
10. Jake
11. Milkboy
12. Andy Pandy (Dependent on funds and getting there)
13. Hitler and Amie
14. Niall

whistle
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Happy to chip in too. Don't want anyone out of pocket
JP
Thanks given by:
Thankyou connor for also realising this
Thanks given by:
(22-01-2013, 10:56 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: Well I rang the site and we've decided that the owner is happy to fix the price at £10 per person per night, and he says he won't take more than £500, so if more than 25 of us are there, the price per head goes down Big Grin

The all important post from Jonny. £10pppn

I am busy going through this and very heavily deleting posts of chat and randoms who were never intending on turning up.
Thanks given by:
This is the last f*cking thing I need.

The campsite has moved the goalposts, until I returned from France the other day, I was under the impression that we were all booked up, that the price would be £10 PPPN assuming a minimum of 18 people, and that the remaining balance would be paid ON THE DAY, and the responsibility of collecting the money was with me in order to simplify the process for the campsite.

I can't get hold of the person I arranged it with, I suspect that he's blissfully unaware of the problems that are being caused.

Therefore I'm seriously considering pulling the plug on them, just to make a point more than anything. The deposit was £50, so not the end of the world if I did lose it, but I'd fight tooth and nail due to the issues they've caused us.

However, I'll only cancel if I have a final list of people who are 100% coming, so I can find a campsite at such short notice. Basically i'd just offer a campsite that had no bookings a cash lump that was £10pppn based on a confirmed list, then they'd be stupid to refuse based on the fact that they had no bookings anyway.

My only other hesitation is the weather, speaking to my mum earlier we lost a fence panel in the garden last night due to the wind and we're fairly sheltered away. But I'll happily camp in any weather lol
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Shall we just re schedule it? With a completely different place?
Because this place seem like arses.
Johnny there was a confirmed list a few posts back x

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
If it doesn't matter what time we arrive etc, then I'll probably still come. But with goalposts moving and an air of uncertainty around.. I'm not really all that into it.

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
Jonny

Call me if you wanna discuss mate as I'm gonna be the only staff there.

Your probably the best judge of these people as your speaking to them. If you have to cancel well have a whip round for the deposit for you. Ill sort you a tenner. I'm still cool to come up and I'm sure most people are. I know its been windy but I'm happy as long as its not pissing rain.

I am 100% coming. The tent and sleeping bag are in the car, got all the other camping kit ready and a bag packed, just need fuel and a trip to Tesco and I'm coming.

Id guess poodle +2, pompey mark +2, connor +1 and jake +1 are still defo too. Oh and samass and CJ with the milkman too. I make that 16. how about sambarker and megwan?
Thanks given by:
Yep, I'm still a definite, been looking forward to this for ages
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
I'm defo up for it, just need to know so I can pack and get food

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Im defo up for this been looking forward to it for ages too and not arsed where we camp as long as its not pissing it down but checked forcast and seems to be fairly nice this weekend few showers sunday

Just a quicky whats BBQ plans anyone takin a biggy?

Much love
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Guys just pack. We WILL be camping somewhere this weekend. Worst case scenario well just about fit in my garden (no seriously) and ill do some sort of fuel exchange for the northerners comming down as i wont have to pay for any.
Thanks given by:
Okay sweet. Will pack the elephant now!

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
I'm deinitely going to whatever is going on now, it was debatable with work, but it's a goer for sure.

As said, the weather is shite, so up to you guys..
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
OK Guys this is gonna be a bit fun then. Pack, get ready to go and await a postcode location from me. There WILL be a meet, most likely in the Lake District, potentially still at the original site.

The more the merrier, please don't drop out due to the weather, it's only wind and water lol

Thanks given by:
(18-04-2013, 10:48 AM)Jonny81191 Wrote: OK Guys this is gonna be a bit fun then. Pack, get ready to go and await a postcode location from me. There WILL be a meet, most likely in the Lake District, potentially still at the original site.

The more the merrier, please don't drop out due to the weather, it's only wind and water lol

It's going to make it touch and go for us then but there's a chance we may still make it down. Will have to speak to you on Friday when you're all pitched and see what the deal is.

Going to try and get away from work early Saturday but it depends purely on how busy we are.
Thanks given by:
Sweet!
Thanks for sorting this johnny

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Awesome. Just about to give the campsite an earful.

EDIT: Inb4giggity

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pugrun 2015 ~ 26th April, New Forest ~ TOMORROW!! Details in first post Poodle 124 39,218 27-04-2015, 12:57 PM
Last Post: 7057sam
Thumbs Up April Camping Meet - CANCELLED THE_Liam 33 7,076 17-03-2015, 10:40 PM
Last Post: THE_Liam
  April Club Meet 2015 MY95 17 4,718 27-12-2014, 11:50 PM
Last Post: 7057sam