Nialls supercharged GTi6 - project tidy up

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nialls supercharged GTi6 - project tidy up
That will help, for sure. Anything you can do to stop it drawing it that hot air off the rad will do wonders for power.

Best thing (and I know it wont happen given you've just bought a lovely new filter) would be enclosed, with a cold air feed directly into it.

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
(09-04-2014, 10:50 AM)jammapic Wrote: That will help, for sure. Anything you can do to stop it drawing it that hot air off the rad will do wonders for power.

Best thing (and I know it wont happen given you've just bought a lovely new filter) would be enclosed, with a cold air feed directly into it.

JP

Alternatively... if you dont want to move the filter why dont you move the rad? You could roof mount it so that it isnt obstructed by the front bumper etc.
Thanks given by:
(09-04-2014, 10:50 AM)jammapic Wrote: That will help, for sure. Anything you can do to stop it drawing it that hot air off the rad will do wonders for power.

JP

You could make a shroud for it with sheet alloy, wouldn't be completely enclosed but it'd deflect hot air away from it.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Stainless sheet would make more sense? Ally is way too good a conductor of heat compared to that.
Thanks given by:
Yeah good point, although alloy would still help as it'd still be a physical barrier to hot air, a material that insulates better would be a good idea. lmao
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(09-04-2014, 03:41 PM)RetroPug Wrote: Yeah good point, although alloy would still help as it'd still be a physical barrier to hot air, a material that insulates better would be a good idea. lmao

Expanding foam.

Job done.

I think his plan was to make an air feed anyway.
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
[attachment=15342]

[attachment=15343]

So have had a crunching noise for quite a while now when turning so bought a new top mount bearing...about 5 months ago! Well finally got round to changing it and found the bearing wasn't actually at fault...more the fact it wasn't sitting right!
Also just worked out the average fuel consumption of my last tank. bearing in mind I've been taking it easy, i thought i was getting more out of it than before the mapping. Average of 49mpg Big Grin Eco 6 FTW!

[attachment=15344]

Also got the Love Cee'd back and with less than 24 hours back on the road, its now broken again due to a prick on a bike carving me up because he didn't want to stop at a junction. Blew a hole in the tyre and now the car pulls all over the place lol.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Gold-plated heatshield for the air filter methinks. Shouldn't be too expensive? McLaren F1 style ftw
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
49mpg... woah. On the throttle bodies / cams I am struggling to see 30!
JP
Thanks given by:
Wow 49mpg! Thats impressive! :-)
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
What1?!! maybe we should all supercharge..for mpg purposes
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Yeah....it hasn't lasted long. Have started abusing it a bit more now and its errrm.....thirsty? lol
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
How thirsty haha
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
Not quite sure yet. Put it this way, i did a quarter of a tank to ace and back which is 32 mile round trip lol
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Ouch.
But thats good to know you can do an eco run on long trips, motorway boring bits etc.

Still going strong then?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(25-04-2014, 10:08 PM)Piggy Wrote: Ouch.
But thats good to know you can do an eco run on long trips, motorway boring bits etc.

Still going strong then?

Touch wood, yes. I must admit, I'm being a bit of a Tom at the moment and aren't too confident in it. Im just expecting it to start knocking again although there is no reason for it to. Engine is running sweet, oil still smells of oil and not petrol lol. Still been playing though!

[attachment=15744]

Handy my work laptop has to be XP and have a serial port to work with some of the systems we deal with.....like omex Wink
Tried turning on Lambda feedback as the sensor wasn't wired correctly at mapping so wasn't working but now seem to have developed a hunt at low throttle. That could of been the reason for my epic low MPG on the way to ace the other day! Omex support is absolutely fantastic and they are currently going over my map trying to find out why and to resolve it
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
That engine bay looks epic! Can't wait to see this again at fcs.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
^^ second that...!
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Second that, engine bay looks sweet as. Would look even better if you colour coded the slam panel like that Diablo HDi project on here...
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
Thanks given by:
Cheers guys. Theres still a hell of a lot of tiding up to be done in there which will be done in May. Loom desperately needs tidying up, Recirc valve relocating and of course, the new charger outlet.

Speaking of which...

[attachment=15762]

Allen at Bridgecraft Engineering (most will know him on the 6 forum and 205 as Allenallan) is currently making my charger outlet and has sent me this little teaser. Is it sad I'm actually quite excited to see it done? lol. should be miles better than the home brew one we did (sorry Grant! Heart) and because the route won't be going around the rad, shouldn't see silly high inlet temperatures.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Nothing sad about that mate. You need something to look forward too and too keep you motivated. Look fprward to the out come.
Thanks given by:
Nice one Smile
Thanks given by:
Shinies!

When will it be done? Trying to convince the Mrs to come to FCS is pretty tough.
Thanks given by:
Woke up this morning to a text from Allen at Bridgecraft....

[attachment=15873]

Should be with me Friday just in time to get on for a nice rag over the weekend and see what sort of boost i can make. Im hoping for about 7psi now i won't have a chronic leak and then i should be prepped for about 220hp.

[attachment=15874]

Also had this lot waiting for me when i got home so i can re pipe it all with the new outlet so i can avoid going around the radiator.
Also, next weekend is Pugrun so will be taking the car on its first proper drive since the rebuild. Will be having its first service before that with some decent quality oil but I'm still rather nervous doing 250 miles on it lol
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Ooooooo that welding gives me a fizz!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
That is some very tidy welding mate, must have cost a few pennies Wink

Good to hear things are going well in Niall's world Smile
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
(30-04-2014, 08:21 PM)devils_fuel Wrote: That is some very tidy welding mate, must have cost a few pennies Wink

Good to hear things are going well in Niall's world Smile

Not that much at all considering the cost of the materials and the amount of work gone into it.
Allen is going to be registering on here soon and you can contact him for any work like this. Has done some pretty special stuff that I've seen.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Yay its arrived and it looks great!

[attachment=15898]

[attachment=15899]

[attachment=15900]

[attachment=15901]

[attachment=15902]

Highly recommend Allen if you need any work doing. Quick, cheap and does a great job. Tomorrows jobs are get it fitted properly, service it, refit my clock and temp screen and fill it up with petrol!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Should give it a polish with some autosol or something, shine it up nice that will Smile Looks good though keen to hear how it goes once its running properly (leaks fixed).
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(02-05-2014, 07:21 PM)Tom Wrote: Should give it a polish with some autosol or something, shine it up nice that will Smile Looks good though keen to hear how it goes once its running properly (leaks fixed).

Thats also one of the jobs for the morning Smile
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Matts Cherry HDi Dturbo. Project Stage 1+ & tidy up. Matt-Rallye 29 12,866 10-05-2017, 12:49 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  Matts £200 Cherry Rallye shell rebuild & tidy up project. Xsara goodies landed! Matt-Rallye 70 32,922 07-03-2017, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Matt-Rallye
  Moonstone GTi6 Track-Lite Project reese 28 14,732 29-01-2017, 09:34 AM
Last Post: reese