Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Next Car...
#1
Hold your horses, it's not for me. I love the astor Wink

My mum's looking for a new car...she's currently got an A3 1.8T, it's a 2002 with tiptronic gearbox with just 56k on the clock. It's a lovely car, but she just wants something a bit newer. So...she's looking for a newer car, possibly more economic, or at worse on consumption. Must be fairly sporty, and also be an auto or semi-auto. Budget of up to 10k.

So far she's been to VW/Audi and has been in the 1.4 TSi Golf, and I think she quite enjoyed driving it. They're just pretty pricey really.

Took her to Mazda today to look at a 3...they're quite nice to look at, but they're nothing special to drive (not that I was expecting much). The car feels pretty solid, but the seats didn't really feel supportive or comfortable.

I've suggested the newer Megane, Volvo C30 (the 2.0 diesel is actually really nice), although I'm not keen on the shape I've also said the 1-series BMW as the M-Sport models are very nice to be in, also the 3-series too.

Anyone got any other suggestions? Oh, and I did try to get her to get a 306 lol I suggested getting a diesel, fitting a big blower to it and running it on veg, but it's not automatic unfortunately.
#2
Seat ibiza 1.9tdi?
my mate has one and has had a few bits done to it, by god its quick + also good on fuel
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]


306 HDI, soon to be XUD
#3
Just reminded me, I was going to show her some of the slightly older Leon FRs...
#4
How much has she got to spend?

RCZ???
#5
Out of her price range unfortunately, as said in the first post she has up to 10k, but probably looking for something around 8k. She'd also like 5 seats I believe!
[Image: kim.png]
#6
Also one of her friends just bought an RCZ, so she doesn't want to be buying the same car.

I did actually suggest a 207 GTi, but I'm not 100% on them...
#7
Read the title and the author and was like WTF? good thing the 1st line says what it does,

Considered a 207GT hdi? basicaly gti trimmed/speced with a 1.6 110bhp hdi lump

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

#8
Boosted '6? £10k should cover for that Tongue
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
#9
im with matt on this on.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
#10
I think I would be having a boosted 6 before I let my mum get one!

Nice idea Jamie, I'll take a look and see if we can find one at my local Peugeot for a test drive. I'm hoping they respond quite well to a remap? Might be a good idea actually as insurance should be cheap as chips.
#11
Around 156bhp with a map Scott, you need to use decent oil though and stick to the schedules as those engines eat turbos if they're not looked after
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
#12
I would imagine you could easily see 140 out of a map? they do drive really well actually , not loads of them about mind mate, but for 10k you should be able to get an absolute minter

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

#13
Nice, thanks for the info gents. I'll put the idea across, I know she liked the look of a white GTi I showed her earlier. I'm just not certain whether or not she'll be happy with a Peugeot or will want something a little more 'refined' I guess. We'll take one for a drive and see!
#14
Thats the true with new pugs they are to refined, need more of the xud rattle and shake back LMAO

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

#15
New pugs are completely different to what were used to. I had a 5008 as a hire car last year and it was built just like a golf...,shame the design of the car looked shite and it handled like a boat.
I was very surprised! Also you don't get that audi price tag/wankerishness!
Team Eaton


1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
#16
207s just aren't that nice I don't think...

Had one as a hire car once, really terrible driving position, very high centre console but low windows... The new "bigger" more "premiumesque" Peugeots are lovely though, the 207 just feels like a spruced up 206 really, but they don't retain any Peugeot character.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
#17
So as not to arouse suspicion scott has decided not to keep that bummer but to buy his mum a car with the forum donations....
Busted scott! :-)
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
#18
With some new wheels!!

I didn't know servers came with Kumhos!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
#19
Eagle F1s actually...
#20
Citroen DS3? If she got a hdi and it breaks we could all stand around looking at it wishing we knew how to fix
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
#21
Audi A1 TFSi

Nuff Said!
#22
Another 'no' vote for the 207 they feel totally numb to drive, at no point did the steering wheel feel connected to the wheels
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
#23
(23-06-2012, 11:33 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Audi A1 TFSi

Nuff Said!

Errr are you have a giraffe? They look shit, you pay loads for a shit name and there all catching fire!
Team Eaton


1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
#24
(24-06-2012, 12:36 AM)Connor Wrote: Another 'no' vote for the 207 they feel totally numb to drive, at no point did the steering wheel feel connected to the wheels

What about a 208?
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
#25
I'd say the C30 myself actually, pretty sporty and a bit different to the rest, something like a C70 coupe too big i assume..? Thought about the alfa mito at all..?

You lot are all being elitist about handling, driving position and aesthetics, but she's currently in an a3, so....
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...



#26
(24-06-2012, 11:03 AM)lolsteve Wrote:
(24-06-2012, 12:36 AM)Connor Wrote: Another 'no' vote for the 207 they feel totally numb to drive, at no point did the steering wheel feel connected to the wheels

What about a 208?

Never driven one
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)