[Image: IMAG5022_zpscq4vixfm.jpg]

[Image: IMAG5026_zpsanajqrgb.jpg]

[Image: IMAG5027_zpschjj6dpu.jpg]
Thanks given by:
You make me dislike the dv6.

A lot.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I dislike the DV6 a lot...in fact, even more than that...

Got told off on FOC for moaning about the DV6 the other day... lol
Thanks given by:
Where was the glow plug relay in the end tom.
Thanks given by:
The relay is in the fusebox lol, it's tiny though, same size as the horn relay! I updated the other thread. Smile
Thanks given by:
Puggy, Tom could you make you dislike sex, there's just something in the way he talks about stuff. lol

I reckon a gtb sat in the front there would solve all your dpf problems, Tom.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Be grateful its just that. Weve got the head off one atm that had a snapped glowplug. So if they feel iffy in anyway at all. DO NOT keep turning.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(18-09-2015, 06:00 AM)Poodle Wrote: Puggy, Tom could you make you dislike sex, there's just something in the way he talks about stuff. lol

I reckon a gtb sat in the front there would solve all your dpf problems, Tom.

I could, easily...it's disgusting with all the physical touching and leaking fluids, an an ideal way of sharing diseases...

But back on topic...the turbo is the one thing I've been expecting to break, been regularly checking play and so far it's not any worse than when I bought it... That's not to say it won't just suddenly explode though of course... Confused

(18-09-2015, 06:07 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: Be grateful its just that. Weve got the head off one atm that had a snapped glowplug. So if they feel iffy in anyway at all. DO NOT keep turning.

Lol, I don't know it's just that yet, they may not fix the issue!! We also don't know whether I'll break a plug, as said in the chatbox, you may end up with another DV6 head to remove, I don't do engine work. Tongue

Also, they always feel iffy to start...I swear they're balanced worse than the 8v DW10s. Get some really odd harmonic vibrations through the rev range as well. Cost cutting FTL...

Anyway, after asking the local 'car' people within walking distance (grand total of 3...) no-one has a glowplug socket...and why would they, they stick with the better fuel... lol

So am I'm in a slightly less 'kill everything' mood this morning I'll put some of the car back together (sure we don't need half the stuff I've removed...hopefully ha!) then go buy a glowplug socket, at least I'll have one for future then. Will also go to parents house to see if I can find the EGR blank as I can't be arsed to strip off the rear panels again to fit that lol.
Thanks given by:
K
(16-09-2015, 08:14 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: I love how ocd you are about this. Im like yaah kept a car. Dont add up how much ive spent as ill cry.

Exactly this,probably spend 500-600 on fuel a year

Also sorry I could nt be of any help I'm stuck in Greece lol
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Lol...don't tell me you've got a glowplug socket as well? lol

Also, you must spend a hell of a lot more than £500 a year on fuel... I'd go for more than double that in the '6 lol!
Thanks given by:
Just buy a fiesta. lmao
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(18-09-2015, 11:37 AM)RetroPug Wrote: Just buy a fiesta. lmao

Ha, don't tempt fate! Tongue

Was talking to the gardener yesterday, he was saying how 2 of his friends have 1.6 TDCi Fiestas (newer ones I think) and both of them are unreliable, spending more time in limp mode and at the dealer than not. He went on to say hope the 1.6 diesel in his Peugeot was better...wasn't overly pleased when I told him it was the same engine. lol

Anyway, thought it'd fixed itself this morning...but 3 minutes later engine lights and limp again.

So bought a glow plug socket. And new plugs are in! Yay... Couldn't find the EGR blank at all so that's had to stay out unfortunately.

So far idling and a run round the car park at high revs/high load hasn't brought the fault back. Plugs aren't constantly on which is a good sign. Taking it for a run to town shortly (trying to catch up what I missed yesterday!) so that'll be the proof...

How do you test plugs with a multimeter btw? Tried putting them across the battery but none glowed (glew!? lol ) at all, they cant be that bad so guess temp connections were poor.
Thanks given by:
It is the same engine but I think a good proportion of the unreliability stems from Ford's injectors.

I'll be blanking my EGR soon as I think it's sticking.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
They're just Bosch injectors...same as in the Peugeots afaik!? I don't know why they seem to lift and leak so often though, as that is one of the bigger factors in carbonising the oil which eventually takes out the turbo. Thought one of mine was leaking yesterday but blasted around it with carb cleaner (so much it caused a puddle around it lol) and there wasn't any bubbles after, so I'll assume the spattering of 'muck' came from elsewhere, oil cap possibly as it is that end.

I think my EGR works tbh, it wasn't even that dirty, nothing compared to the ones I took off the Golfs/Vectra/HDi's! BUT this is the lowest mileage diesel I've had tbf. The EGR mapping is rubbish though, which is why I want to blank it. Plus it can be mapped out with the DPF eventually.
Thanks given by:
Measure their resistance with the multimeter, put into Ohm mode...

They should glow if you connect a battery to the base and touch the very top of them, takes a second for them to start glowing, but pretty intense when they're at full glow!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Yeah they don't do any of that, turns out it wasn't just me being thick, they are indeed all knackered...

Though I'm wondering if the ~80 miles in limp mode with them stuck on permanently might've finished them off lol! As I understand it, the ECU uses a backfeed to switch them off, but as theyre linked in series, if just one is failing, the ECU doesn't get the signal to switch them off. They usually only come on in 40 second bursts.

Either way, have been no issues since fitting the new ones so all good there. Cheap fix too tbh.
Thanks given by:
So, today I finally got round to changing the pollen filter - only had it 4 months lol... Was putting off after seeing how much of a pain it appeared to be with removing the glovebox, cooling duct, GEM etc on the Ford forums and youtube... Our resident Ford tech advised me it wasn't as difficult as they were making out but I was still sceptical lol. lol

Anyway, it turns out it is a complete arse to change... Didn't have to remove the glovebox or glovebox cooling duct fortunately, just dropped down the GEM (fuseboard), removed it's bracket and managed to access the pollen filter cover like that, but getting into the right position wasn't easy lol.

Old one was rank tbh, looks like it hadn't been changed for a while, was thick with dirt and also 'soggy' rather than stiff like the new one. Guess that explains the AC smell that wasn't cured by an AC bomb, though odd that it didn't smell with heat or normal air, just AC.

Also hardwired the dashcam in - again much more easily than the guides on FOC, they do like to things difficult over there! lol Only removed one panel to hide all the wiring, and used a piggyback fuse to make it switched live (lighter sockets are permanent powered). Seems to be working correctly... Did have a weird problem when I loosened an earth bolt and set the immobiliser off... lol But tightening it and sticking the key switched it off, no idea why that happened tbf lol, some odd security feature maybe.
Thanks given by:
58k...

[Image: IMAG5056_zpsvhyc7bwt.jpg]

But the fuel light came on at 530 miles on this tank today... 53mpg Confused

[Image: IMAG5057_zps0gu7cnuo.jpg]

Definitely need to get the DPF 'sorted' within the next fortnight, plans are in place. ninja Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Sooo... Saw my old Vectra the other day, turns out it now lives just minutes from where I bought it. lol

[Image: IMAG5059_zpsjeipepqe.jpg]

But back on topic, focus is getting 'sorted' this week. Wink So got a nice diesel stop gap, cheap tax and fuel, and a lot of car for what I paid...it does feel like its done all 165k thats on the clock though. lol Stuck some diesel in itand pumped up the tyres (less than 15psi all round!) and hopefully it won't need anything else. It's a 115bhp 1.9 TD 'Sport' apparently, I know nothing about Volvos though lol.

[Image: IMAG5067_zpsn2tcbnwn.jpg]

So the Focus started getting stripped...

[Image: IMAG5064_zpsb3aymcnt.jpg]

Ridiculous security for a damn ECU! [Image: IMAG5062_zpsaes0mwul.jpg]

[Image: IMAG5063_zpstobsoog3.jpg]

So I've kinda ruined the ECU case lol. Confused

Also got a nice hole at the front of the bay currently, looks like the V band clamp could've been a bit tighter tbh, is there a specific torque for them?

[Image: IMAG5065_zps9ntwbeyy.jpg]

So thats it for today. Smile
Thanks given by:
Yaaahh dpf be gone
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
go on there tom! getting cracking!
Thanks given by:
Nice S40 - haha! They're err... Interesting, uses the Renault 1.9dci iirc - actually reasonably reliable engine wise though, but the chassis is based on a Mitsubishi Carisma, which frankly is an oxymoron and yeah, they're quite floppy to drive, I think they were like that as OEM though!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
I must admit I'm quite surprised by the engine, its quite free-revving and fairly 'quick' for what it is, apparently its only needed a turbo in the last 4 years as well. Can't really push it through corners and especially 'chicanes' though as the understeer is awful. lol

On to the Focus, have fitted an EGR blank with new gaskets this morning, complete pain of a job....especially when I dropped the blank down behind the fuel rail...retrieved it from underneath and then immediately dropped the 8mm socket in the same place. lol

Also gave it an oil change while the boost pipes, airbox etc are out of the way, not ideal as I couldn't warm it up obviously but its only done 4k since the last change so should be fine! Oil was technically free anyway as it was leftover from the Fiesta. Big Grin

Oh and modified the radiator mount so I can refit the fans better, they've been twisted and only on 2 mounts since changing the DPF last year lol.
Thanks given by:
Look what I've found Wink

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yay, thank you Connor. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
So, despite the cold and wet this morning I got on and refitted the DPF and everything else I'd removed. Fans are annoyingly wobbly now though, could do with some thickish foam along the top to stop them rattling against the rad as I think it will be noticeable on the road. (Yes, my neighbours wipers are annoying lol )

[Image: IMAG5081_zpsiaah86rq.jpg]

Also looked into the leaky EHPAS bottle - any of you mechanics know if its normal to spray a bit? The lid does have breather holes.

[Image: IMAG5077_zpsett2njxh.jpg]

[Image: IMAG5074_zpsyakyww5h.jpg]

[Image: IMAG5078_zpseabn5esu.jpg]

So just waiting for the ECU back from Pro-Steve now... Smile
Thanks given by:
that carisma the V40 shares its floorpan with isnt that bad, it only feels floppy due to the suspension, its damned close to the evo....

the C4 non dpf 1.6 my friend bought, does 58.9 mpg regularly, no fault codes Tongue
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
V40 is the estate, this is an S40. Smile Also has 'sport' suspension being a sport model...I'd hate to try the comfort suspension lol. I must admit, it's actually not bad for an old family saloon, it's nicer at speed than the Focus is! Just keeps pulling top end and has torque in 5th from fairly low as well, don't think it's VNT but has a wider powerband than the DV6. Throttle, brakes and steering are very numb though, more on or off than precision but that may be wear and tear. There's plenty I don't like though, headlights are terrible compared to my HIDs, no auto wipers (and the wiper stalk is upside down!), ne rear wiper, only picks up one radio station and even that drops out regularly, the front door speakers don't work, and there's a smell of oil that wafts through the cabin at high rpm. But hey, it was cheap, and I stuck £25 of diesel in Monday, have done 170odd miles so far nearly ALL being fast motorway or town traffic and still loads of fuel left! Big Grin

I should hope the 90bhp C4 does do MPG, certainly doesn't have speed on it's side. Tongue I should be getting better MPG in the Focus now it's had it's colon blockage removed. Wink
Thanks given by:
wrong thread please ignore.
Thanks given by: