Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Clock leds
#1
Need to replace a few bulbs in my clocks, what type of leds/fitment are they?
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
#2
T5 or 286 IIRC (both the same thing)
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
#3
Thanks mark.
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
#4
i've used T5,fit and work - cheap ebay jobbies suffice - but keep the filter
Phaes 1 GTI 6  -  Onyx Black
#5
^^ you can replace the filter with rolling papers as the filter is dyed yellow Smile

You can also get the ones with the holder attached such as these which are less of a faff to change Wink

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-X-T5-White- ... 27c4916c0d
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
#6
yeh those are the ones i bought - a pack of 10 for like £1.99 or something...
Phaes 1 GTI 6  -  Onyx Black
#7
I have hdi clocks with white leds, just the temp one went few months back and now my fuel one is flickering
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
#8
Plasma dials are muchos better though :-)
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
#9
how many bulbs are there?
BBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSTTTT!!!!!!!!
#10
8 iirc
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
#11
I bought t5 bulbs for mine but mine are twist lock.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
#12
kentiiboii Wrote:I bought t5 bulbs for mine but mine are twist lock.

The bulbs pull out of the holder and they are standard T5 bulbs in them Wink

IIRC the only ones that are a single piece bulb and twist lock holder as standard are the ones behind the heater controls Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
#13
There are some on ebay, advertised as T5, they often say something about B8 in the description. They are the wrong type, I made this mistake, but luckily, managed to pull the LED out and swap that over.


This is the T5 B8, which will not fit the 306
[Image: sku020517_01.jpg]
#14
This is what I got.
[Image: 520139d5-8891-8336.jpg]
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
#15
giblets Wrote:There are some on ebay, advertised as T5, they often say something about B8 in the description. They are the wrong type, I made this mistake, but luckily, managed to pull the LED out and swap that over.


This is the T5 B8, which will not fit the 306
[Image: sku020517_01.jpg]

Why will that not fit?? it looks the same fitting as I remember the bulb holders being............ :?
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
#16
Iirc the spacing between the metal and plastic where it twists in is larger, I had some but they were fecking hugly spaced!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
#17
did you not think to bend the metal tabs a bit closer together?? :roll: LMAO
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
#18
mark_airey Wrote:did you not think to bend the metal tabs a bit closer together?? :roll: LMAO

What I was about to say lol
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
#19
Connor Wrote:
mark_airey Wrote:did you not think to bend the metal tabs a bit closer together?? :roll: LMAO

What I was about to say lol

Clearly didn't have his problem solving head on at the time lmao
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
#20
mark_airey Wrote:did you not think to bend the metal tabs a bit closer together?? :roll: LMAO

Didn't even think of that :/ haha
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
#21
lol
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
#22
Matt Wrote:Didn't even think of that :/ haha

FAIL.................. Tongue
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
#23
Major fail, they have say in the car since, been there for about a year. And now I have plasma dials haha
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
#24
Matt Wrote:Major fail, they have say in the car since, been there for about a year. And now I have plasma dials haha

What colour are they?? you could always post them to me and I will look after them for you ninja
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
#25
Urm either blue or white. Can't remember. All I do remember is that the led has the tendency to fall out the holder lmao
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
#26
Matt Wrote:Urm either blue or white. Can't remember. All I do remember is that the led has the tendency to fall out the holder lmao

What was that? you want me to PM you my address?? lol

Seriously though, My dash is done with white and blue so either is good for me, if you do actually want rid of them let me know what you want for them Via PM and I will sort you something out Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
#27
Problem i had with LEDs is after about 5 days they all started flickering like a rave.
#28
D@wson Wrote:Problem i had with LEDs is after about 5 days they all started flickering like a rave.

Thats because you bought cheap nasty ones..............mine have been fine for 2 years or more! Wink
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
#29
mark_airey Wrote:
D@wson Wrote:Problem i had with LEDs is after about 5 days they all started flickering like a rave.

Thats because you bought cheap nasty ones..............mine have been fine for 2 years or more! Wink

Where did you get yours from?
#30
D@wson Wrote:Problem i had with LEDs is after about 5 days they all started flickering like a rave.

Crazyleds? They are notoriously shit!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wiring footwell LEDS` JethroJay 10 6,674 01-03-2014, 12:06 AM
Last Post: JethroJay
  how to wire leds into interior? CalNeedham3061.4 12 7,409 16-11-2012, 08:40 AM
Last Post: C.A.R.
  Tempurature clock to non temp clock Ben Jay 10 6,616 28-02-2012, 09:48 AM
Last Post: Foxy-jim

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)