Tom's TDCi Titanium X...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tom's TDCi Titanium X...
i am like that, once i have had me fun. Just remember to keep this one topped up and up to scratch.
Thanks given by:
(05-02-2015, 06:31 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Well after spending 2 days driving the '6 I cant wait to take the Focus on a long drive tomorrow lol.

I cannot wait to drive the gti6 again.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(05-02-2015, 10:18 PM)RetroPug Wrote:
(05-02-2015, 06:31 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Well after spending 2 days driving the '6 I cant wait to take the Focus on a long drive tomorrow lol.

I cannot wait to drive the gti6 again.

This is me,can't believe it's been 4 months already,2 to go Sad 

Flatford/manningtree isn't to far from you,nice walks and free parking if you know where to go Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Already done Flatford and Manningtree lol. Flatford was those pics above. Smile

Also done Mistley and got scared by some massive aggressive swans! Confused
Thanks given by:
So, did Stowmarket, Needham, Claydon, Hadleigh, town centre, home today. About 60 miles of fuel wasting and I'm so glad I did it in the Focus not the '6!! I didn't find the road you meant though, I took the B1113 and it cant have been that one! Definitely finding a bit more driving confidence with the Focus now, slowly though.

Also time for another MPG update. Tongue

604 miles, 46.85 litres = 58.7mpg... Doesn't look like it'll ever hit 60mpg over a tank! Sad However the price of diesel means it was only 8.75 pence a mile, cant really complain at that! Also, I was sceptical about 'better' fuel making any difference, but I had been getting an annoying intermittent judder at a constant speed of high revs and low load ever since getting it (stuck behind old people/farm machinery/mopeds etc) it went as soon as you let off of gave it more throttle and never gave any fault codes. However it hasn't happened at all on this tankful of BP...coincidence? Not sure, so I've gone for another tank of BP as its the same price as Sainsburys anyway, will see what happens.
Thanks given by:
Not much to report...except picking up yet another nail in a tyre and scuffing a sidewall on a kerb. lol The trick is park by low kerbs, keeps the wheels tidier. Big Grin

Detailed the car yesterday though, no pics as it was dark time I'd finished! Did the usual, but also added some leather cleaner/conditioner to the seats and added some liquid sealant to the wheels - really odd stuff, just runs straight off a dry microfiber lol, so hopefully will have the same effect on the wheels...may use it on the paintwork if it does work well.

In other news, we're going on a ~120 mile round trip this week, I'm sure that can only end well. Confused lol
Thanks given by:
At least leather is wipe clean!
Thanks given by:
good on ya tom!
Thanks given by:
Correct Jordan...the leather conditioner/protector stuff should make it even easier to clean as well. lol

But joking aside, with that trip looming I wanted to get a 'dry run' in beforehand. My sister is away this week so I'm getting a bit of time to do things which is good!

So, this won't mean much to most of you, but some will recognise the place, and for those that don't, it's where the first major 'incident' happened back on August 3rd 2010, Chelmsford services, about an hour away, 50 or so miles. Not been down there since that, also not been so far from home since, also first time I've used the A12 since getting stuck on it last year. So later in the week I only have to go an extra 15 mins further to see my Aunt who is terminally ill unfortunately, but my own issues have stopped me seeing her for several years.

[Image: IMAG4594_zpsogkcdkpf.jpg]

[Image: IMAG4595_zpsvgeoypff.jpg]

[Image: IMAG4596_zpsjfvy0rmp.jpg]

[Image: IMAG4598_zpswoufq2bp.jpg]

Also took a picture of the two clean together...but the quality is so bad they don't even look clean. lol

[Image: IMAG4592_zpsj73gi8ep.jpg]

Must admit MPG wasn't great though, sat at a fairly steady 70mph on cruise (occasionally having to slow for other inconsiderate people lol) and the average was only 57mpg, it actually rose when I came off the 70mph road and did 45 mins of 40ish through backroads (the top of the A12 currently has a 40 limit with average speed cameras for literally no reason at all so was quicker and nicer to take the backroads at the same speed!). Not sure what the optimum speed for MPG would be in the Focus, is there a mathematical way to work it out or is it just trial and error?
Thanks given by:
best of both worlds there tom, Derv and perv!
Thanks given by:
Well done tom Big Grin

little step's towards your goals.

Could this be the a stepping block to go further to castle combe with rowell in April? ?
Thanks given by:
Combe in April would be a pretty big leap lol.

However I am aiming for Mod Nats in May... Smile
Thanks given by:
(17-02-2015, 11:51 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Combe in April would be a pretty big leap lol.

However I am aiming for Mod Nats in May...  Smile

Ok or fcs or pugfest this year? 

Even I wouldn't go to mod Nat so I think if you do that you'll definitely conquer  some of your demons.
Thanks given by:
Why wouldn't you go there? Main reason is it's 2 hours away, Combe is 3.5! Confused
Thanks given by:
If you go to combe, then you might as well come 10mins further down the m4 and ill do your tracking Wink
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(18-02-2015, 12:51 AM)7057sam Wrote:
(17-02-2015, 11:51 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Combe in April would be a pretty big leap lol.

However I am aiming for Mod Nats in May...  Smile

Ok or fcs or pugfest this year? 

Even I wouldn't go to mod Nat so I think if you do that you'll definitely conquer  some of your demons.

I was just thinking this. ModNats is a chavfest full of burnouts, handbrake turns & yout's smoking weed. I'd never go again!

Have a lovely time Tom!
Thanks given by:
Each to their own... I missed out on being a youth so that sounds like my sort of thing. Tongue I actually liked chavvy cruises, only stopped going because theres always an old bastard in Scooby that ruins it for everyone else and causes such a massive police presence you just get paranoid.

No other car shows closer though are there? I might not even like it, but there must be something that I'll like eventually, surely. Confused
Thanks given by:
So, it happened today, ~150 mile round trip as I came home on the back roads after getting stuck on dual carriageway yet again! Took 1.5 hrs to get there, 2hrs to get back avoiding A12 traffic. And neither of us broke down lol.

Now where the hell is this sense of achievement I'm supposed to have? Don't feel any different!

That said, I can't think of a car I'd rather done the journey in, was sunny and dry going, but dark, raining and unfamiliar roads coming back and the Focus was great tbh! Would like a few more mpg at 70 but meh, theres more to a car than mpg!
Thanks given by:
(19-02-2015, 07:15 PM)Toms306 Wrote: So, it happened today, ~150 mile round trip as I came home on the back roads after getting stuck on dual carriageway yet again!  Took 1.5 hrs to get there, 2hrs to get back avoiding A12 traffic.  And neither of us broke down lol.

Now where the hell is this sense of achievement I'm supposed to have?  Don't feel any different!

That said, I can't think of a car I'd rather done the journey in, was sunny and dry going, but dark, raining and unfamiliar roads coming back and the Focus was great tbh!  Would like a few more mpg at 70 but meh, theres more to a car than mpg!

getting the f*ck there and back on your own! that's achievement!
Thanks given by:
I know it should be, but I'm not feeling it, shouldn't I be feeling something?

Also, on my own is much easier than it would be with someone else lol. I found the drive back really comfortable/relaxing tbh even though it was a long one, just settled down, reclined the seat a bit, turned the radio up and cruised back... Was nice! Wish I could do it more often tbh.
Thanks given by:
(19-02-2015, 08:54 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I know it should be, but I'm not feeling it, shouldn't I be feeling something?

Also, on my own is much easier than it would be with someone else lol.  I found the drive back really comfortable/relaxing tbh even though it was a long one, just settled down, reclined the seat a bit, turned the radio up and cruised back...  Was nice!  Wish I could do it more often tbh.

there you go! you have said it your self! sitting in traffic, just stay settled, and relaxed and let things move on.
listen to the radio will do away with the mental problems.
Thanks given by:
If that was true they'd prescribe radio on the NHS. Tongue

Nah it was out of traffic anyway, I relaxed after getting away from the traffic and onto the dark, twisty, wet, dangerous backroads compared with the safe 20mph dual carriageways. lol
Thanks given by:
So what, you've just proved it's not that big a deal and you should sort your shit out and get out there. Tongue
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
No, I managed to go somewhere on one day with an empty house, a week of prep, and a ruined bathroom, didn't eat for the rest of the day and had colossal gut pain all night because of it... I couldn't have done it again today so I guess that's why I don't see it as an achievement lol.

But what it does prove is how much I can do when I'm not trying to work around people here. Sad
Thanks given by:
you do realise that the gut thing will phase away from you, as that sounded to me your gut problem was nerves of going out.
you should be ok now.
Thanks given by:
Thats it now, it will get easier and easier now you've made the leap!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(21-02-2015, 05:31 AM)procta Wrote: you do realise that the gut thing will phase away from you, as that sounded to me your gut problem was nerves of going out.
you should be ok now.

Its not quite that simple unfortunately. Sad

Yes explosive sh*ts happens if I've planned a day out, and that's the best way as then there's nothing left to come out! But of course it makes you feel awful inside, and then when you eat later on it causes a lot of trapped wind and goes straight through pretty much (so no way Id eat out lol). I used to do that everyday to get through school and college and I honestly don't know how I managed it looking back now! Its also partly to do with OCD though, I cant go out until I've 'been' at least 3 times in case I'll need to go while out...problem is since not being able to have a routine I often cant go enough when I need to, then after half hour out I'm desperate again. But again that's something that would be much easier if I was on my own with a solid (no pun intended Tongue ) routine and a better diet.
Thanks given by:
Well this thread is aload of shite..

Sorry tom had to be said! Lol
Thanks given by:
Lol, had such a good photo op earlier if someone wasn't right behind me.... Literally a massive pile of bullshit on the edge of a farm. lol Well ok maybe it was horse but same difference. lol
Thanks given by:
So, back on topic away from shit...!

Drove up to Framlingham Castle yesterday, quite interesting to think people were living and working on that site nearly 1000 years ago!  Well I thought so anyway lol.  Running out of places to go though, so need to find something else to 'do' at the end of a journey.  Have also given up the 2nd car idea, that's not up for discussion, it's done with now lol.

Time I got to the fuel station today I was running a little low...

[Image: IMAG4637_zpsumy6m7bk.jpg]

lol

Must admit though, still drove fine with sod all fuel left. Rolleyes  MPG wasn't great though as I've done a lot of fast driving in the wind this week - and I've noticed wind is the biggest issue for MPG!  So when the wind dies down mpg might rise a bit lol. This is the reason I get better mpg one way on fast roads, can't believe I didn't realise it before!

Heres the running total of calculated MPG and pence per mile so far... Wink

Date------------MPG---PPM
17/10/2014----59------9.9
05/11/2014----56------10.2
18/12/2014----60------9.0
13/01/2015----56------9.2
06/02/2015----59------8.7
25/02/2015----57------9.1

Seems odd it alternates between one good tank and one worse! Confused lol
Thanks given by: