Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Propane injection
#1
Was wondering if anyone has experimented with propane injection?
#2
I think Dumdum may have done with the hdi
I believe that on the idi (xud) motor there was not much to be gained for what it costs to set up and maintain.
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
#3
I was led to believe that propane injection done properly(injected in the correct amounts) made a fairly big difference in both power and torque on both n/a and forced induction diesels engines.
I could be wrong though, so don't hold me to that statement.
#4
Another one of those times when the search function is key!!!

Thread from almost a year ago:
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-19351.html
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
#5
I might give it a go as an experiment. Not too sure how safe it would be though!
#6
Good luck declaring it to your insurance company / pressurized bottles of gas in your car dont go down well with any area of authority sadly.

Its something I read about alot, however I have always been determined to feed the engine nothing but air and diesel, and thats where the challenge / fun lies imo. Anyone can make power with fuel and nos and or gas?
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
#7
Buy a cheap N/A and whack it on, be f*cking ace having a quick N/A diesel.
#8
http://www.bankspower.com/techarticles/show/23-Propane-&-the-Diesel

I'd trust Banks a damned sight more than some bloke from Slough who's shoved a bottle of Calor in the boot and claims it's amazing.

I'd sooner add Nitrous than Propane... Nitrous isn't going to torch your pistons etc like it will in a Petrol, worst that's going to happen really is you do something seriously stupid and have a gigantic nitrous backfire, but being sensible, it won't happen.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
#9
I think when I looked at it the amount of gas you could add to a tuned 306 without risking destroying stuff was negligible and certainly wasnt worth the hassle of making/fitting a system.

Effectively anything but the tiniest amount in our relatively high compression engines that are running a fair old whack of boost will cause detonation/pre ignition.
#10
There's a strong difference between detonation and pre-ignition... Two entirely different phenomenons...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
#11
I know that the amount injected has to be metered very precisely, but not much else to be honest.


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Tongue propane injection Teddy 18 10,660 08-12-2013, 09:54 PM
Last Post: Piggy
  Devils own methanol injection sam 15 8,228 11-01-2013, 10:37 PM
Last Post: sam

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)