Posts: 28
Threads: 7
Joined: Feb 2014
Location: Warrington
Car Model/Spec: Cat B Write Off Moonstone Hdi
As in the title just another thing to annoy me, my temporary daily runner suffered a cambelt failure yesterday and to add to that it tuck me 5 hours to get recovered. This is only my temporary car as mentioned before as some of you may remember my 306 was wrote off back in February and now this is going to eat a big chunk of my fund for a new 306 as I'm going to have to go source a new engine for it.
Posts: 15,645
Threads: 541
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
124
Location: Aylesbury
Car Model/Spec: 320bhp Impreza WRX
WHy source a new engine from the 306 fund, why not break/scrap/sell the fungus and just use the 306 fund to buy a 306?
Posts: 13,881
Threads: 476
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
81
Location: Ipswich
Car Model/Spec: 306 Rallye
yeh you can get a whole load of 306s for cheap!
Posts: 1,135
Threads: 14
Joined: May 2012
Reputation:
7
Location: Sheffield
Why bother repairing an old 1.6 petrol Focus, surely for the time/effort/money you can just pickup another one???
Posts: 28
Threads: 7
Joined: Feb 2014
Location: Warrington
Car Model/Spec: Cat B Write Off Moonstone Hdi
Because I don't have enough money yet for a decent 306 plus I want to have the 306 as a project and make it how I want it before putting it on the road but managed to source a really low mileage engine for focus for £175 with new clutch with receipts to prove it, it was also local and I can swap it out in a day easily enough. I know the focus is crap but it the only thing I've got to get about in for the time being until my claim money comes through