306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Another bad day to carry on the bad year
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As in the title just another thing to annoy me, my temporary daily runner suffered a cambelt failure yesterday and to add to that it tuck me 5 hours to get recovered. This is only my temporary car as mentioned before as some of you may remember my 306 was wrote off back in February and now this is going to eat a big chunk of my fund for a new 306 as I'm going to have to go source a new engine for it.

[Image: 10711134_10154733946035026_8772599924340527808_n.jpg]
WHy source a new engine from the 306 fund, why not break/scrap/sell the fungus and just use the 306 fund to buy a 306?
yeh you can get a whole load of 306s for cheap!
Why bother repairing an old 1.6 petrol Focus, surely for the time/effort/money you can just pickup another one???
Fix or repair daily. Tongue

But as above, is a 12 year old 1.6 Focus even worth fixing!?
Because I don't have enough money yet for a decent 306 plus I want to have the 306 as a project and make it how I want it before putting it on the road but managed to source a really low mileage engine for focus for £175 with new clutch with receipts to prove it, it was also local and I can swap it out in a day easily enough. I know the focus is crap but it the only thing I've got to get about in for the time being until my claim money comes through