Joey the VNT boosted 205!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joey the VNT boosted 205!
You girl !! Get over there as it's joeys big day Wink
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
looking good!
Thanks given by:
Its ok ive been flat on on fert on the farm anyway so havent got near it, but yeah small update, will see if there are any photos to dig out in a minute but dont think i took many, but cars pretty much all back together, trans full of oil, exhaust welded up / fitted, wiring loom re done / finished. Plumbing re done / finished. ran it up / oil pressure comes up and runs good. Turbo control setup, but not tuned. just waiting on some silicons to finish the boost piping and should be good to run up proper and good see what she will do.

People just need to persuade Tom to get a fuel filter to me before it starts the tuning process Wink
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(12-03-2014, 07:07 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Its ok ive been flat on on fert on the farm anyway so havent got near it, but yeah small update, will see if there are any photos to dig out in a minute but dont think i took many, but cars pretty much all back together, trans full of oil, exhaust welded up / fitted, wiring loom re done / finished. Plumbing re done / finished. ran it up / oil pressure comes up and runs good. Turbo control setup, but not tuned. just waiting on some silicons to finish the boost piping and should be good to run up proper and good see what she will do.

People just need to persuade Tom to get a fuel filter to me before it starts the tuning process Wink

You and that bleddy filter Wink I promise i will bring one when i next come over. I thought i had some spare 10mm hose at home i could take halfords but i might just have to guess. Done my research and found a few cars that have 10mm filters so should be able to find something Smile
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Tom sort it out, this is gonna be incredible.
Thanks given by:
Horrid. This is basically how I wanted my 205 to end up before I hit it!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Very jealous of this

Will defo be an amazing car Smile

Bet u can't wait to get it back on road!
Thanks given by:
What other cars have 10mm filters. I was looking for bloody ages!
Thanks given by:
Truck filter IMO is best...other 10mm inlines are only 50+ micron filters which are no good.
Truck filter and then use 10mm barbed fittings...

Is this running and driving yet tom? Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(15-03-2014, 08:26 PM)Piggy Wrote: Truck filter IMO is best...other 10mm inlines are only 50+ micron filters which are no good.
Truck filter and then use 10mm barbed fittings...

Is this running and driving yet tom? Smile

Yeah f*ck that lol. Its driving but not boosting. It is the Lobb mans birthday weekend so he might well be having a rest. But there is boosting to come i promise you that.

And fuel filters... https://www.mann-hummel.com/mf_prodkata_...tlg_lang=1
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Right small update for those that dont have me on facebook. Darren started the car to drive into his workshop, car made a funky noise, opened the bonnet to find the starter has tore itself and half the bell housing off the rest off the gearbox.... Great. We reckon it was because the bell housing had a crack in it but figured it would be ok with all the bolts...

Plan is try and weld it back on, if that doesnt work i think i might be going over to put another box on there because Darrens as fed up as i was. f*cking car.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Always good when the car starts though, gives you the motivation that your nearly there.
Thanks given by:
Bloody el....this car eats metal parts like they made of cheese...
Joey is hungry!!

So close though...dont give up!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Thats the second time its been started on the rebuilt motor, it managed 2 before shitting something lol
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
The car is very very hungry lol
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Joey is a beast! Rolleyes
Thanks given by:
Urgh I wanted to cry last night!!

As Tom has already said, the car is pretty much finished, was just waiting on some boost hoses (which i now have) to finish a boost pipe, tune it and return it to Tom, so after work last night went to move it back into the workshop to do said work, turned the key and get a chronic grind / crunch, was just like ffs, there goes a starter, no big deal, just a starter....open the bonnet to find the starter hanging off the motor, FML

Basically the bellhousing had a crack down through where the starter bolts on, Has been there ever since i took the car on, infact you can see it in the photos ive posted before, I think it was caused by Tom missing a bolt in the starter / hitting the starter or something getting engine in / out, either way, I saw it before putting it in, but didnt think it would be a massive problem as id be putting all 3 bolts in which would pull it all together and all be ok...didnt want to have to change the box as Tom is on a super budget! However it seems i was wrong, and the crack has just continued further down the casting until its snapped off...leaving a totally rebuilt engine, which when bumped can be driven just fine , totally useless because theres now no way to bolt the starter on, am going to attempt to weld the casting back on in situ, but dont persaonlly have a TIG, only crappy ally spool gun, so not really to confident, unless any very kind members with a TIG fancy a trip to cornwall to save the day.

Else the box is going to have to come off again, which i really dont want to have to do Sad
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Theres a hdi box for sale literally 2mins from Darren for a decent price so if it comes to it atleast we have a back up lol. f*ck the starter just tune it and i'll bump it everywhere lol.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
That sucks man.. This car is possessed!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
It sure is.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
just park the car at the top of a hill all the time, hope you get it sorted soon it'll be a beast once darrens finished
Thanks given by:
I blame a dodgy mechanic in the cars previous life ;P only joking
Bit of a shitter though.
The only time I've seen the starter hanging off is when a cat has had a front end shunt
Thanks given by:
Ffs, what an absolute farce :/

Hope that's the last of any mishaps out the way, bet you're itching to drive it.

Fair play to Darren for soldiering on with it every time it throws up another stupid issue.
Thanks given by:
He's putting up a fight!

Keep at it lads!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
I've watched this with much interest.
Always wanted an xud boosted 205 and thought I was going to do it to my GTI when I bought it. Cant bring myself to do it to a very clean 1.9 though.
Love this car and the fight it is putting up.
Stick with it man, ALL of the win lies in Joey,The VNT boosted 205 racer!
Thanks given by:
A small update, altho albeit a fairly important update with respect to the fact the gearbox shouldnt need to come off now!

As i said yesterday had a disaster with the gearbox casting where the starter bolts on, was determined to avoid dropping the box again after all the hard work, so decided i would see if i could weld it in situ, no problem you would think, except the fact I killed my MIG a few weeks back and am yet to find a decent replacement..and theres no way im welding ally with the stick welder.

Spoke to tom, and he said he could get his hands on a small mig, so said drop it over, see what I can do.

Anyway welder wasnt much use as it was, as didnt have euro torch connection, or gas solenoid, or anything really, however it did have a working wire feed controller, so stripped the welders down (Sorry Tom im sure you wont mind, it will be back together tomorrow) , ran 4 control wires and jump leaded the high side between welders, battery charger on the gas solenoid operated by chris, and before you know it, you have a working Mig ally spool gun setup!

[Image: IMG_20140319_184748.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20140319_191400.jpg]

Alot of effort, however it pulled off, casting is now welded back on, starter bolted back up, and engine motors over. So averted having to drop the box again, so back on track to mount last boost hose and tune it up and give it back!
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Yay! Big Grin
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Great stuff Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Love the bodge up twin welder lol
Good to see this is almost back on the road. Hope it lasts a long time after this rebuild!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(19-03-2014, 10:35 PM)Niall Wrote: Love the bodge up twin welder lol
Good to see this is almost back on the road. Hope it lasts a long time after this rebuild!

Your telling me Dodgy
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Project "KEV"....boosted Mini Piggy 59 18,794 24-04-2018, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset
  The boosted 205 rat - pictures and video added (25.09.16) ginge191 134 59,100 21-04-2017, 10:46 AM
Last Post: ginge191