Joey the VNT boosted 205!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joey the VNT boosted 205!
hope all goes well tom, then again id darrens on it, im sure there will be no issues!
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Just bought some running in oil and some Gulf Comp to drop in after a few hundred mile, also bought some oil filters and an air freshner! Phone the engine shop who are sourcing a headgasket for me, should get a call tomorrow about that, pay over the phone and they should drop it out to me Smile
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
[Image: IMG_20140214_141242_zpsyqgtv1r2.jpg]

Got my headgasket and some new big end bearings cos mine arent the greatest.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Collecting some vital components there tom!

If Darren's got anything to do to the rebuild, you going to have complains from the council for ripping up the tarmac.
Thanks given by:
Thats precisely the reason the 205 is sat in his yard Wink That and i know it'll be like a different car when i get it back. Getting boost withdrawel symptoms Sad
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Good progress mate. Hope she's back driving soon Smile
Thanks given by:
[Image: IMG_20140217_142515_zpsm5icnsag.jpg]

Off to Lobb land with a box of goodys :p
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
more toys tom, that's what I like to see! its getting closer now!
Thanks given by:
Looking forward to seeing this at a few shows this year Big Grin

All the best!
Thanks given by:
Im going to make pugfest or french car show, i promised myself i would save up beg cheat lie and steal so i can go to one of them.

I almost forgot what the bleddy car looked like. Tax is up end of this month aswell. Hopefully i get chance to drive it before then Sad
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Why not both?

I hope not, seeming as it's your profile pic lmao
Thanks given by:
(17-02-2014, 07:22 PM)Tom Wrote: Im going to make pugfest or french car show, i promised myself i would save up beg cheat lie and steal so i can go to one of them.

I almost forgot what the bleddy car looked like. Tax is up end of this month aswell. Hopefully i get chance to drive it before then Sad

its great when you push for a dead line, I managed to get the car on the road for its 20th birthday, and I did manage to make it to mg live and drive sliverstone circuit with the car too. so I managed to do all 3!
Thanks given by:
Money sadly. If i have loads of veg i could probably do it but i cant afford the fuel tbh. It'll be the first time i've doen either and i would love to go up the hill so im swaying towards pugfest, that and im only going to see peugeots and meet you lot.

Um yeah i meant seeing it with my own eyes, i got pictures to look at but they dont quite do it Sad

Meh im not pushing for a deadline, just hoping Darren wants the car on the road as much as me aha.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Tbh, if I had to choose one, I'd go for pugfest.

It's more about the cars, fcs feels fake.

I'll still go to it though!
Thanks given by:
Defo pugfest! So we can compare times up times up the hill Wink if I'm aloud to go up the hill (sure the other half won't let me)

Thanks given by:
Im so keen for the hill!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
hopefully see some diesel smoke going up the hill this year, I can only remember Jonny, Samass and Carl last year.
Thanks given by:
I was never brave enough to take my XUD up the hill, be cooked by the end!
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Thats my thoughts, but ought to give it a go
Thanks given by:
(18-02-2014, 09:51 AM)Ricky Wrote: I was never brave enough to take my XUD up the hill, be cooked by the end!

Just have the fans on permanently?

Thanks given by:
(18-02-2014, 09:56 AM)Chris_90 Wrote:
(18-02-2014, 09:51 AM)Ricky Wrote: I was never brave enough to take my XUD up the hill, be cooked by the end!

Just have the fans on permanently?

Not just the coolant, I mean things like EGT's. After having an EGT gauge in mine I realised how quickly it can shoot up to scary figures!
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Seriously lighten up!

What's the point in building these cars up if you're not going to have some proper fun with them????
Thanks given by:
(18-02-2014, 12:07 PM)c.gerrard Wrote: What's the point in building these cars up if you're not going to have some proper fun with them????

That man has a point - what's the point in tuning the engine to the point that you're scared to actually use it in anger in case it goes pop?

Prescott Hill is what - a 60 second or so run with each straight only a few seconds worth of full chat? That's pretty tame compared to a typical UK trackday, let alone say the 'Ring where you're at full chat for long periods of time (must be best part of 90 seconds on the uphill drag from Bergwerk to Karussell for example).

Hell, I can think of sections of road where you work the engine far harder than Prescott...
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
Yeah im going balls out, f*ck the car. No point putting all this effort into it to fanny it up the hill. Going to give it some barry thats for sure!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Yeah Im not sure about taking mine on track but I will do a hill run for sure....its basically a 1or2min blast up a B-road...
Are we saying we dont give it the beans up a B-road everynow and again?!!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I give it the beans on most roads.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(18-02-2014, 05:04 PM)Tom Wrote: I give it the beans on most roads.

Even when you don't have a car? :p
Thanks given by:
Yeah I just use someone else's car Wink
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I always had fun in my XUD, I drove it hard. But for me personally there is a difference between having a laugh and knowingly sabotaging all the work that's gone into making the car what it is.

Didn't mean to start arguments though lol
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
(18-02-2014, 02:49 PM)Tom Wrote: Yeah im going balls out, f*ck the car. No point putting all this effort into it to fanny it up the hill. Going to give it some barry thats for sure!

Good lad lol

(18-02-2014, 06:29 PM)Ricky Wrote: I always had fun in my XUD, I drove it hard. But for me personally there is a difference between having a laugh and knowingly sabotaging all the work that's gone into making the car what it is.

Didn't mean to start arguments though lol

Yes, you did.

By implying that you had some kind of mechanical sympathy towards an xud, you angered us all greatly lmao
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Project "KEV"....boosted Mini Piggy 59 18,893 24-04-2018, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset
  The boosted 205 rat - pictures and video added (25.09.16) ginge191 134 59,309 21-04-2017, 10:46 AM
Last Post: ginge191