Posts: 29
Threads: 9
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: Dunstable
Car Model/Spec: 200,000 miler
My wifes wipers have started playing up on her 1.6 LX (2000) the auto hasn't worked for a while now(but I wasn't that bothered) they don't return properly and when you switch them off, they just stop and the other day they just wouldn't work at all. I swapped the stalk over with my car as I knew it worked and hers started working but still no auto and still not parking, but mine work fine with her stalk ? I've read about various relays on here or should I just swap the wiper motor? please help, her moaning is doing my nut!

Many thanks in advance
Posts: 20,092
Threads: 591
Joined: Nov 2012
Reputation:
54
Location: Cotswolds
Car Model/Spec: Stage 13 16v HDi
Swap the motor or service the tracks and electrical contacts inside the motor gearing and it may fix it
Posts: 6,367
Threads: 87
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
48
Location: South Yorks.
Car Model/Spec: Rouge vallelunga 5 door Dturbo
(06-01-2014, 01:12 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: I'd give the motor a service first, doesn't cost anything other than a bit of manual labour on your behalf. If that doesn't work, try swapping for a known working motor. 
and hope it works . . .:/
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Posts: 29
Threads: 9
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: Dunstable
Car Model/Spec: 200,000 miler
Cheers, I've just picked up a working used one for 25 quid so I'll give that a quick clean up and swap 'em over