Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
I need to get a life..
#1
Just saw a massive Scania lorry outside - first thing I thought was, bet that sounds epic...

Started up, yep - god that sounds porno...

Inlove

I then hear a R32 with a massive pipe go up the road - god that's an irritating noise...

Is it just me?
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
#2
Nope, I keep looking out the window to see what the awesome noise is then feeling daft when its a bus.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...



#3
lol

i maybe the same at work on the ferries; we have a variety or arctic trucks come on board, and also a variety of TVR's and astons regularly come through.

I pop down now and again to listen to the trucks start up and examine the blowers Doh
Phaes 1 GTI 6  -  Onyx Black
#4
R32s sound shit wuatever you do to them.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...



#5
Going past lorries etc and theyre louder than my car and i just sit there thinking i want that Sad haha so no not just you
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
#6
No I'm exactly the same. There is something great about heavy machineary working!
Team Eaton


1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
#7
That ain't nothing, when I was at bristol water, I went out and about with one of the heavy/plant mechanics and we started up the back up generator for one of Bristols main pumping stations. An old v12 derv with some stupid capacity, you couldn't open the door due to the amount of air it was sucking in
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
#8
(06-09-2013, 11:11 AM)Connor Wrote: I went out with one of the heavy/plant mechanics and we started up the back up generator for one of Bristols main pumping stations

Giggidyfuckinggoo lmao
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
#9
V8 scania with straight pipes is one of the best noises in the world. Has a holset hx60 which just makes it even more winning
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
#10
Heh, big diesels FTFW, I spend half the day in the tractor with the window open, just for the 6 banger derv win.

And I echo a scanny V8 with straight pipes, we have one haul our combine, and fook me its literally porn, espically the guy that drives it, on the door handles, on boost 24/7, insane bus!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
#11
Nah ruan it's not just you. We all need to get a life lol
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

#12
I do the same, especially since playing Euro Truck Simulator 2. Was at a services about a month ago just amazed by the noise of all the V8 Scanias.
#13
I live about 2mins away from a bus yard that a trend works in and thay recently got a straight 8 triple turbo 24.7L bus in with a top speed of *cough* 65mph we took limiter off and had 120 out of it trying to keep up with a bmw lol.

sounds absolutely awesome at full chat lol
when in doubt...... flat out.
#14
no ya dont.

big loud power from a big petrol guzzlin engine is boring for me...

hearing a tuned derv or huge old truck tickles my tankles
Wishes for more power...
#15
(06-09-2013, 11:59 AM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Heh, big diesels FTFW, I spend half the day in the tractor with the window open, just for the 6 banger derv win.

"It's f*cking roasting in here, the Air Con aint doing shit, but all I can hear is 6 banger diesel with boost being rammed down the inlet, no fucks are being given!"
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
#16
The shunters in work sound amazing.. only got 1 little silencer
#17
Love a big diesel noise. My old P38's BMW straight 6 with straight through pipes sounded awesome! Still prefer perv soundtrack's though.
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
#18
Hmm, looks like I have a life then.... I don't like noisy busses and lorries they're too loud. Tongue

I did notice the TNT lorry has a really odd knocking noise though, no idea why but it seems different to most other lorries!

I also don't like the screaming petrols though.

I prefer the deep rumbly petrol noise, my neighbours Evo8 for a start lol....
#19
(06-09-2013, 03:08 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Hmm, looks like I have a life then.... I don't like noisy busses and lorries they're too loud. Tongue

I did notice the TNT lorry has a really odd knocking noise though, no idea why but it seems different to most other lorries!

I also don't like the screaming petrols though.

I prefer the deep rumbly petrol noise, my neighbours Evo8 for a start lol....

Lol tom i thought you started this thread off lol
(msg sent from hell)


If i dont c ya threw week ill c ya threw window.
#20
Glad Im not the only sad act here, TBH I think we all need some sort of self help group but sometimes I like sitting in the garden at night when they are shinting goods trains up and down or tube trains as those are proper diesels, struggling up the hill on boost is an awesome noise and they only go past at about 40 when they are heavy.
#21
Id like to add my car to the list after having my straight through fitted today. Porn! <3
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
#22
Volvo D5 engine with a straight through...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
#23
Class 37 freight train. Best noise evar
#24
+1 Scania V8 with straight pipes. R620 on full chat!
#25
My hdi with a 3" straight through Big Grin
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

#26
Heh, I park outside a Sainsbury's in the morning before work when all the big lorries are going in and it sounds sick. I especially love the start up sound of a big DI lump.
#27
Yes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD0j8IkoVGk
Doesnt even own a 306.
#28
You bunch are a load of greasy Diesel bumming gaylords.

Still the noise of turbo spinning on my 1.9 is pretty damn awesome Big Grin
#29
(07-09-2013, 08:05 PM)r3k1355 Wrote: You bunch are a load of greasy Diesel bumming gaylords.

QFT.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...



#30
Aaargh!

Right, there's some tractor pulling going on about 20 miles from here, starting in 10 minutes.

I'm off. Big Grin
[Image: MIRKxNP.jpg]


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)