Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Airbag light flashy flashy
#1
Started when I started her up after work today, i also noticed that the centre of the steering wheel was slightly bulging, well enough to notice.

It was incredibly hot and being a black car sitting in the sun from 9 - 5 I have a feeling that it could be something to do with the heat? Is that possible?

If not any idea why it would be flashing. Might be fine tomorrow but that's when I will check again.

Cheers
#2
I cant help but that sounds f*cking scary!
Doesnt even own a 306.
#3
(15-07-2013, 06:58 PM)Tom Wrote: I cant help but that sounds f*cking scary!

I was scared it was going to go off and knock me out if I hit a big bump or pothole. Seemed fine though? Confused
#4
Its nothing to do with the heat. Air bags have to be safety tested unto 200 degrees so i think your alright there!

Flashing light indicates pre tensioners normally. 9 times out of 10 its the plug under the seat (orange one). Try cutting the plug out and soldering the wires. A solid light is normally a airbag fault.
Team Eaton


1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
#5
(15-07-2013, 07:25 PM)Niall Wrote: Its nothing to do with the heat. Air bags have to be safety tested unto 200 degrees so i think your alright there!

Flashing light indicates pre tensioners normally. 9 times out of 10 its the plug under the seat (orange one). Try cutting the plug out and soldering the wires. A solid light is normally a airbag fault.

Thanks man Ill have a look underneath tomorrow, now you mention that I may have knocked something when I was searching around for my cap for work, felt a few wires lol. Something might have come loose.
#6
Oh and just to put your mind at rest, an airbag will not go off at a heat that you will get in a car just sitting in the sun. The small charge that detonates the airbag requires a spark to set it off i believe.
Team Eaton


1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
#7
(15-07-2013, 07:59 PM)Niall Wrote: Oh and just to put your mind at rest, an airbag will not go off at a heat that you will get in a car just sitting in the sun. The small charge that detonates the airbag requires a spark to set it off i believe.

Thanks man.

Turns out it was a loose connection under the seat as I mentioned! All sorted. No more chance to get knocked out by random airbag.


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Airbag light on, other lights not coming on TULL3RZ 0 2,490 25-12-2017, 08:13 PM
Last Post: TULL3RZ
  Airbag Light Flashing RetroPug 17 10,439 15-10-2016, 09:35 AM
Last Post: RetroPug
  AIRBAG LIGHT thebluepearl 4 3,483 16-10-2015, 10:06 AM
Last Post: Poodle

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)