Posts: 2,086
Threads: 93
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
8
Location: On a soap box
Car Model/Spec: Stock HDi Meridian & Mk2 MX-5
Af'ernoon.
Managed to get myself a standard Clarion 6 CD Changer, but then realised the connector is gay and not compatible with anything. Ooops.
What's the best way of fitting a stock changer to an aftermarket head unit, if there is a way? Are there adaptors available? Can I splice a couple cables together? Or do I need to find myself a standard head unit?
Cheers.
![[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]](http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss147/KEZZIEBOY/Diablo%20HDi/sigcopy-1.jpg)
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Posts: 5,946
Threads: 141
Joined: Oct 2012
Reputation:
35
Location: Herefordshire
Car Model/Spec: 106 rallye, GTi6, Hdi dturbo
it would be easiest to find a standard head unit compatible with the changer yes, peugeot used clarion, Siemens and blaupunkt, just at random it seems. im sure that most modern head units will have an adapter so you can use cd changers though, i know you can get the adapter for sony units
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagonÂ
'99 306 gti6
Posts: 14,208
Threads: 448
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
51
Location: isle of wight
Car Model/Spec: Pov. Spec White '6
You can use with modern units, just needs Sri be changer compatible and have the same socket. Don't think they do an adaptor. Surly you could buy another lead?
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Posts: 2,086
Threads: 93
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
8
Location: On a soap box
Car Model/Spec: Stock HDi Meridian & Mk2 MX-5
Mine is changer adaptable, but just has a 13-pin (IIRC?) plug, whereas the changer has some weird ass connector block.
Guess my best bet is to buy a CD changer that is compatible then :/
![[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]](http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss147/KEZZIEBOY/Diablo%20HDi/sigcopy-1.jpg)
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Posts: 14,208
Threads: 448
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
51
Location: isle of wight
Car Model/Spec: Pov. Spec White '6
My oem changer has a 13 pin :/
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Posts: 20,092
Threads: 591
Joined: Nov 2012
Reputation:
54
Location: Cotswolds
Car Model/Spec: Stage 13 16v HDi
they were never the greatest quality mind...you may want to cut your loses and sell it on....then geta headunit that plays mp3 discs or takes memory card etc...more songs and better quality
Posts: 5,852
Threads: 92
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
43
Location: Brizzle
Car Model/Spec: Tracterrrrrrrrr
A what? CDs? What are they?!
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
Posts: 7,825
Threads: 465
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
114
Location: Cullompton Devon
Car Model/Spec: Vauxhall
(28-12-2012, 03:00 PM)Connor Wrote: A what? CDs? What are they?!
shit man time you upgraded that 8track!
Posts: 2,086
Threads: 93
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
8
Location: On a soap box
Car Model/Spec: Stock HDi Meridian & Mk2 MX-5
S'all about CDs, I dabbled in an iPod, but it got nicked, can't stand iTunes anyway, piece of shit. Either way, I have loads of CDs so a CD changer is the perfect solution to me.
And really matt?! Is it a Clarion one? And when I say 13 pin I mean the round one, with a keyway?
![[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]](http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss147/KEZZIEBOY/Diablo%20HDi/sigcopy-1.jpg)
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Posts: 20,092
Threads: 591
Joined: Nov 2012
Reputation:
54
Location: Cotswolds
Car Model/Spec: Stage 13 16v HDi
cant remember the last time I used a CD let alone bought one! haha
Posts: 18,242
Threads: 386
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
87
Location: Suffolk
Car Model/Spec: Focus Titanium
28-12-2012, 05:49 PM
(This post was last modified: 28-12-2012, 05:50 PM by Toms306.)
I have a changer with a round 13 pin plug as well.......came in my 1.8 I think.
Never used it though. I usually just leave the radio on lol, cba with these new fangled compact discs!
Posts: 14,208
Threads: 448
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
51
Location: isle of wight
Car Model/Spec: Pov. Spec White '6
Yep pretty sure. I'll double check tomorrow
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Posts: 1,776
Threads: 82
Joined: Jan 2012
Reputation:
14
Location: Droitwich, Worcestershire
Car Model/Spec: P0XY Ph2 Dtub 5dr
The CD is dead or will be very soon - streaming from your home PC to your car stereo will be the next step I should imagine in the meantime its MP3 players and external hard drives.
Posts: 2,086
Threads: 93
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
8
Location: On a soap box
Car Model/Spec: Stock HDi Meridian & Mk2 MX-5
Do I look like a give a f*ck? I have CDs, I still buy CDs, I have a CD player in my car, and I'd like a CD changer...so that's what I'm doing if it aint broke don't fix it
And that's interesting, I'll double check mine, but if not then that at least opens up some more options as to what other CD changers I can buy
![[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]](http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss147/KEZZIEBOY/Diablo%20HDi/sigcopy-1.jpg)
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Posts: 14,208
Threads: 448
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
51
Location: isle of wight
Car Model/Spec: Pov. Spec White '6
I'll get a picture of both ends of mine. My cd changer is just slung in the boot. I dont plan to use it lol
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Posts: 2,086
Threads: 93
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
8
Location: On a soap box
Car Model/Spec: Stock HDi Meridian & Mk2 MX-5
Cheers mate, that'd be ideal.
![[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]](http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss147/KEZZIEBOY/Diablo%20HDi/sigcopy-1.jpg)
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Posts: 14,208
Threads: 448
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
51
Location: isle of wight
Car Model/Spec: Pov. Spec White '6
If I remember I'll do it tomorrow lol
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Posts: 2,086
Threads: 93
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
8
Location: On a soap box
Car Model/Spec: Stock HDi Meridian & Mk2 MX-5
Oi Matt you useless cnut....
![[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]](http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss147/KEZZIEBOY/Diablo%20HDi/sigcopy-1.jpg)
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Posts: 18,242
Threads: 386
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
87
Location: Suffolk
Car Model/Spec: Focus Titanium
Lol, if I could be arsed to get mine out of the shed I'd do it for you, but as Matts is in his car.......meh....
Posts: 25
Threads: 1
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Waveney Valley
Car Model/Spec: Moonstone HDi D-turbo
I'm still using the tape player! :-)
Posts: 14,208
Threads: 448
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
51
Location: isle of wight
Car Model/Spec: Pov. Spec White '6
Not the best picture
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
|