Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
rear arch liners
#1
ive got alot of scrubbage going on at the back end after ive fitted my wheels. i know i need my arches rolled but ive noticed that the tyre is scrubbing on the inside of the tyre on the arch liner.
can i remover the liner to stop the scrubbin or can i cut a peice out of it.
or any other sugestions?
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
#2
Well they're pretty much your options - spacers, remove or trim. Mine caught but as I'm already running 20mm spacers, I had to modify them.

I wouldn't recommend removing them as then all the crap will get up there and you'll have rot like a lot of the older cars. I trimmed mine where they were touching, probably about 4-5 inches up. Then screwed them back up with self tappers to hold them in place and stop the majority of crap getting up there. Next time the wheels are off I'll put some sealant around them to stop it completely.
#3
(23-07-2012, 07:06 PM)Curt Wrote: Well they're pretty much your options - spacers, remove or trim. Mine caught but as I'm already running 20mm spacers, I had to modify them.

I wouldn't recommend removing them as then all the crap will get up there and you'll have rot like a lot of the older cars. I trimmed mine where they were touching, probably about 4-5 inches up. Then screwed them back up with self tappers to hold them in place and stop the majority of crap getting up there. Next time the wheels are off I'll put some sealant around them to stop it completely.

that is kinda my thinking but just wondered if anyone had done anything else.
will grt on with this next day off.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
#4
you might find youve lost a trim clip or something. might be worth having a look, or just using a self tapper/cable tie to hold it out of the way
#5
(23-07-2012, 07:20 PM)BlackSix Wrote: you might find youve lost a trim clip or something. might be worth having a look, or just using a self tapper/cable tie to hold it out of the way

yeah will have a look when the wheels off. i will know more then when i can see in theire properly.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
#6
I have just taken my rears out, but I went and got a tub of old school wax oil. Brushed all the shit away any loose rust got wire brushed! And wax oiled the shit out of it everywhere, won't rust now l
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
#7
i would not put a screw's into the steel, it will brake the paint/galv and just cause rust
#8
Could be that your rear beam's farked mate?

Just fit bigger spacers. And take a bigger hammer to the arches. Job jobbed.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
#9
(23-07-2012, 08:23 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: Could be that your rear beam's farked mate?

Just fit bigger spacers. And take a bigger hammer to the arches. Job jobbed.

would do but dont think i got the room to do that without getting arches flared.
carnt even get a finger between the tyre and arch and thats with no weight in.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
#10
remove them fully in tact and ill buy the drives side one off you at a good price Smile
[Image: sig.jpg]
#11
and l buy the passenger side
#12
soz peeps but they stop on for now
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
#13
Mine failed the MOT on the wheels fouling the inner arches due to beam so I just parked around the corner smashed them in with a hammer and took it back round. Guy was like "WTF" lol but passed it as they cleared fine
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
#14
nice.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  rear wheel arch Quietone 4 4,777 16-04-2019, 11:42 AM
Last Post: welshpug

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)