Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Piston Anti-Friction Coating
#1
Busy rebuilding an XUD....

I've put the pistons in a slow cooker full of engine coolant for 12 hours to decoke them, which it's done a great job of. Unfortunately it's also completely removed the anti-friction coating on the piston skirt. Is this a show stopper, or do I need to source replacements?  Dodgy
'95 Peugeot 405 GLX with XU10J4RS and ITB's
'97 Peugeot 406 1.9TD with TD04
'05 RenaultSport 182 Cup
#2
what anti friction coating?
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
#3
Not sure which engines had it, but I've seen what the OP means when I replaced a bent rod once. Ordered a complete used piston/rod assembly from Germany and that had the coating. I can't see it being a real issue, after all most XUD's are running round without said coating and we know how damn durable the things are anyway. Wink


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Piston Rings Hobo Ash 5 5,489 15-09-2017, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Dave
  Max Piston Protrusion / Notches Cford 2 3,727 03-08-2017, 05:52 AM
Last Post: Cford
  Piston Ring Modification JTaylor2005 10 6,736 08-09-2016, 01:59 PM
Last Post: zx_volcane

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)