Newbie Jim!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie Jim!
I thought that it was about time i introduced myself properly on here instead of just occasionally dropping in to pick brains or scan threads! so here goes.... i'm jim, ive got a dirty diesel 306 and its great. i was convinced it was the car to get when i saw jammapics car about a year ago.

i got it in june and since then done a few things (lowered, polybushed, fmic, bosch pump, hybrid T25, matt black 'clones etc...) everything was goin great until about 2 weeks ago when it shat a rod out of the block - big hole in both sides :clap: so recently got a DHY lump stuck in and seems to be running pretty sweet for not (few little niggles need working out but nothing major)

future plans include bigger turbo, 11mm and gov mod and a few cosmetic upgrades.

i'm in N.Lincs so would be good to hear from anyone nearby. i'm gonna do a project thread and get some pics up shortly!

cheers,

Jim
Thanks given by:
Cool user name, can't be pulled off by everyone e.g. D-Trent.. Tongue

Sounds like your Tub's up to a good spec already, what turbo are you planning to replace your hybrid with?

I should imagine with the mod's you've done you should already be running around 160~175bhp?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Welcome along mate Smile
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
cheers bud. lol d-trent does sound a tad gash.

its not too bad, i have no idea of power figure really, although my mate in his 120bhp (£15,000) DS3 couldnt keep up! the fuel isnt turned up very far as it sounds a bit rough when i give it more (may need timing retarding a bit i think) and i havent got a ground LDA pin yet.

as for the new turbo i'm thinking either k04 or if i can figure em out possibly a vnt.
Thanks given by:
d-jimbo Wrote:cheers bud. lol d-trent does sound a tad gash.

its not too bad, i have no idea of power figure really, although my mate in his 120bhp (£15,000) DS3 couldnt keep up! the fuel isnt turned up very far as it sounds a bit rough when i give it more (may need timing retarding a bit i think) and i havent got a ground LDA pin yet.

as for the new turbo i'm thinking either k04 or if i can figure em out possibly a vnt.

Go for a GT'V (VNT) or GT (non-VNT) if you want a chronic turbo.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Welcome along... Sounds cool Smile
GUMBALL3000's MOODY 306D TURBO PHASE-1 WORK IN PROGRESS
Thanks given by:
cheers man. yeah, a chronic turbo does sound like exactly the kind of thing im after. just unsure about controlling it properly. im planning on a separate engine build with HDI rods, big turbo, 11mm etc. so got plenty of time to look into it i suppose. anything u'd recommend?
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the club, sounds like an interesting project Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Welcome along! Nice work
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Welcome Big Grin
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
welcome along, sounds pretty good!!
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
welcome along mate.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Another d turbo! D: Sounds like its going well so far! keep up the work! Is this the one that Kyle P posted on fb a few weeks ago?
Thanks given by:
d-jimbo Wrote:anything u'd recommend?

Quite a few turbo's have been tried and tested:

- T25 (next up from T2 which came standard on some 306's)
- TD04-L (more efficient / newer design then T25, from Scoob's)
- GT2X'V series (Ruan's only person I know to date who's VNT'd a XUD)
- GT2056s (Ruan swears by this turbo, non VNT, supposed to be chronic)
- HX40 (or something like that, Darren JLobb spins it up with a super charger iirc)

I'm sure theres many more, there is a fair bit of information dotted around various forums.

Generally you will need some custom oil lines and an adapter (or welded manifold).

Personally if money & time is no issue I'd want to try the VNT route.

Anyway, that should be enough for you to get started on your research. Tongue
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Willcom
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
cheers all! has anyone ever used two smaller turbos such as gt15 in a bi-turbo setup?
Thanks given by:
d-jimbo Wrote:cheers all! has anyone ever used two smaller turbos such as gt15 in a bi-turbo setup?

Bi-turbo meaning twin turbo?

Darren's in the process of twin turbo & supercharging his DW.

Don't think anyones done it to a XUD yet?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
yeah twin turbo but not like a smaller one till a bigger one kicks in. ive been mulling over making custom manifolds with a gt15 per two exhaust and inlet ports (keeping the flow between them seperate) i know there will be some mismatch between the two turbos but i dont think it would be too bad.
Thanks given by:
Hello welcome to the peugeot 306 forum. :clap: :dance:
Thanks given by: