Bosch pump too pricey?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bosch pump too pricey?
Alright folks just wondering if anyone has any advice for me.
I'm wanting to put a Bosch pump on my 306, a kid I know is selling one with timing kit a stuff but with no injectors or lines he is wanting £80 for it. Is this too much? It takes out all the ball ache of taking one off at scrappy, my local one charges 50 for everything .
Cheers Jack
Thanks given by:
Get it from the yard buddy, its not as daunting as you think and for £50 for the lot thats a bargain, i cant remember what size you need for the injectors i think its 26 or 28mm but it will fly off undo the pulley, take the lines off, the 3 13's for the pump and then the 4 13's for the bracket job done
Click to see how smokey is doing Tongue ----> Project Smokey
Thanks given by:
Cheers dude , makes sense I suppose seen as iv gotta go for lines and injectors anyway.
Any pointers on how to tell if it's knackerd or not don't wanna be taking a dud off lol cheers
Thanks given by:
80 for just the pump is about double what I'd be looking at
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Erm not too sure on how to tell if it knackered apart from visible leakage or excessive play in the throttle arm can be a problem
Thanks given by:
Parksy87 Wrote:Get it from the yard buddy, its not as daunting as you think and for £50 for the lot thats a bargain, i cant remember what size you need for the injectors i think its 26 or 28mm but it will fly off undo the pulley, take the lines off, the 3 13's for the pump and then the 4 13's for the bracket job done

If you only undo 3 bolts on the pump you will never get it off the bracket since it will still be attached due to there being 4 holding it on Wink

Also the injectors will be tight as hell (take a long breaker bar) and are really hard to remove without damaging them if you don't have an injector socket Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Haha alright smart a**e lol :p either way easy enough to remove Smile
Thanks given by:
Parksy87 Wrote:Haha alright smart a**e lol :p either way easy enough to remove Smile

I agree, they are if you know what your doing but the injectors can be a right bastard to get out, I have nearly pulled a car off the tyres its sat on in the scrap yard undoing them before now!

I can remove one in about 30-45 mins on my own but I have done it so many times now I could probably do it with my eyes shut lol
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
i've got one for sale ninja
Quote:(15:06:27) Toms306: Wd40d it and had a good tug, came straight off

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5522]

Thanks given by:
Ben Jay Wrote:i've got one for sale ninja
Iv noticed I'm ok for that one thanks though lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post