306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Bosch pump too pricey?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright folks just wondering if anyone has any advice for me.
I'm wanting to put a Bosch pump on my 306, a kid I know is selling one with timing kit a stuff but with no injectors or lines he is wanting £80 for it. Is this too much? It takes out all the ball ache of taking one off at scrappy, my local one charges 50 for everything .
Cheers Jack
Get it from the yard buddy, its not as daunting as you think and for £50 for the lot thats a bargain, i cant remember what size you need for the injectors i think its 26 or 28mm but it will fly off undo the pulley, take the lines off, the 3 13's for the pump and then the 4 13's for the bracket job done
Cheers dude , makes sense I suppose seen as iv gotta go for lines and injectors anyway.
Any pointers on how to tell if it's knackerd or not don't wanna be taking a dud off lol cheers
80 for just the pump is about double what I'd be looking at
Erm not too sure on how to tell if it knackered apart from visible leakage or excessive play in the throttle arm can be a problem
Parksy87 Wrote:Get it from the yard buddy, its not as daunting as you think and for £50 for the lot thats a bargain, i cant remember what size you need for the injectors i think its 26 or 28mm but it will fly off undo the pulley, take the lines off, the 3 13's for the pump and then the 4 13's for the bracket job done

If you only undo 3 bolts on the pump you will never get it off the bracket since it will still be attached due to there being 4 holding it on Wink

Also the injectors will be tight as hell (take a long breaker bar) and are really hard to remove without damaging them if you don't have an injector socket Smile
Haha alright smart a**e lol :p either way easy enough to remove Smile
Parksy87 Wrote:Haha alright smart a**e lol :p either way easy enough to remove Smile

I agree, they are if you know what your doing but the injectors can be a right bastard to get out, I have nearly pulled a car off the tyres its sat on in the scrap yard undoing them before now!

I can remove one in about 30-45 mins on my own but I have done it so many times now I could probably do it with my eyes shut lol
i've got one for sale ninja
Ben Jay Wrote:i've got one for sale ninja
Iv noticed I'm ok for that one thanks though lol