Quickshifts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quickshifts
What are the quick shifts that people would recommend getting? I've seen some on eBay and they are about £65, but not sure if that's just the general price they are? I'm not bothered about getting a fake or copy one, as they will probably work the same, only thing ive heard about is the grub screw coming lose, but that's nothing some thread lock can't fix... Does anyone know where they are available for cheaper?
[Image: 306oc.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Compbrake quickshift from top mounts on here are approx 30 quid and there is even a guide to fit them on here :-)
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
4WayDiablo Wrote:Compbrake quickshift from top mounts on here are approx 30 quid and there is even a guide to fit them on here :-)

On here? Where do I find this?
Thanks given by:
MiiTCH Wrote:
4WayDiablo Wrote:Compbrake quickshift from top mounts on here are approx 30 quid and there is even a guide to fit them on here :-)

On here? Where do I find this?

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=1544" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=31&t=1544</a><!-- l -->
Thanks given by:
Im just running a GE one and its spot on

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
anyone know where i can get one for less than £60?
Thanks given by:
On here... someone posted a link...
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
thought that was just a guide?
Thanks given by:
heres the link to buy them for cheap Big Grin £31
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://306oc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=2741&hilit=quickshift" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=34&t=2741&hilit=quickshift</a><!-- l -->
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
4WayDiablo Wrote:heres the link to buy them for cheap Big Grin £31
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php? ... quickshift

top bloke Wink
Thanks given by:
The Compbrake style quick shift alters the overall throw of the gear stick in ALL directions as it moves the pivot point of the gearstick. As a result, both side to side and forwards/backwards movement can be adjusted. It also increases the force meeded to change gear. Physics, y'see.

The GE style quick shift that bolts to the gearbox adjust forwards/backwards throw ONLY, but have little effect on effort required to change gear.

Combine the two like I have and you're left with one hell of a short shift, with a satisfying "thunk" as you bang it into gear.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
what are these GE things? any links?
Thanks given by:
Clicky
Thanks given by:
so if i combine one of those with one of top mounts quick shifts ill be getting some nice gear changes? i really dont like my gear changes at the moment, need a good push to get in gear sometimes :/

none of these parts will do any damage to my gearbox will they?
Thanks given by:
Not likely, all that's happening is you're moving the relative pivot points on the gearbox/linkages. If you make it that short you have to force it into gear though then yes, you can damage the box long term.

Sounds more like the box/clutch is f*cked if you have difficulty getting it in gear.
Thanks given by:
cwspellowe Wrote:Not likely, all that's happening is you're moving the relative pivot points on the gearbox/linkages. If you make it that short you have to force it into gear though then yes, you can damage the box long term.

Sounds more like the box/clutch is f*cked if you have difficulty getting it in gear.

At one point it would randomly be really hard to get in gear, and sometimes crunch a little, so I changed the cable and its never done it since, but it can still be a little stiff when going into the gear

my car has done 88k and the clutch has never slipped?
Thanks given by:
Just chop the end of the selector arm of the gearbox off and weld it on with inch cut out Smile
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
I have a compbrake style quickshift, brand new in its bag still that i maywell be interested in selling if the price is right
Thanks given by:
GE shift does reduce the throw in all directions
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
if you fit just the ball joint quick shift part, under the gear lever, does that make the gear movement any shorter? or does it just remove the wobble
Thanks given by:
[Image: PICT1513.jpg]

This works brilliantly, I made a shorter one the other day (longer bit of threaded bar)

IMO the ideal length to add in is about 5cm, the one in the pic is a bit too short.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by: