Accident advice for a friend

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Accident advice for a friend
Not in his car, but on a bicycle. I was following behind.

Basically there were parked cars on our left, a bus went to overtake but was forced to cut back in mid manoeuvre due to vehicles travelling in the other direction (completely misjudged it). This forced him into the parked cars so much that his handlebars were scrapping down the bus and one parked car ( unfortunately the car wing mirror was smashed clean off).

The bus carried on driving but luckily there was a bus stop literally 20 metres up the road so we managed to catch up, gave the bus driver an earful and got the reg of the bus etc, bus driver was aware he almost killed my mate but presumably not of the damage caused to the parked car.

Obviously he wants the owner of the parked car to get the wing mirror sorted out by the bus company but he's worried if he reports it to the police some blame might come to him?

Technically the bus driver fled the scene of an accident and also denied to give details which are both illegal.

Any suggestions?
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
Give details to the bus company
Tell them ehat you just said

They should know who was driving what bus at what time

Did you get any pics of the damage?
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
^^ What he said, hopefully he loses his job. Bus drivers seem to be wankers in my experience.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Advice - Use a car, bikes and busses shouldn't be on the roads! Dodgy

Also, busses have camera's on them for exactly this reason, go to the bus depot and get them to check the recordings for that bus.

(30-11-2013, 07:12 PM)Tom Wrote: Bus drivers seem to be wankers in my experience.

It's not their fault tbh, it's the stupid bonus scheme that they are paid by.

They use a black box like the insurance ones to decide how good their driving is....so they want to drive as smooth as possible, bullying people out of the way to avoid braking/hard acceleration etc so they get paid more for 'better' driving...
Thanks given by:
Buses around out way have a sign warning cyclist not to pass on the left
Thanks given by:
(30-11-2013, 07:54 PM)swampy Wrote: Buses around out way have a sign warning cyclist not to pass on the left

But the bus passed the cyclist?
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Bus drivers should be aware of their surroundings at all times, regardless to whether the cyclist is 'undertaking' or not.

In this case, report him and make sure the case gets seen through. Your friend was extremely lucky not to have been crushed, this bus driver seems to be a bit selfish only thinking of his job when it's clear he's dangerous.
I Black mask Crystal headlights, check out my Thread
Black mask Service
Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Tell the police! The busses in london have CCTV covering all of the inside and outside so will show the accident. The bus driver needs dealing with appropriately for what hes done especially considering the massive hoo ha in London at the minute because 6 cyclists have been killed by large vehicles in 2 weeks.
Thanks given by:
Another vote for reporting it to the police.
The bus went to overtake two cyclists, then squished your mate between a parked car and the bus??

Geezer should loose his job for that.
Thanks given by:
Report him, it won't come back on your mate. Besides, what's the worst the car owner can do, claim against your mates' bicycle insurance - OWAIT lol.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I have bicycle insurance...
Thanks given by:
That's for if it's stolen or damaged though isn't it, another road user can't claim on that. Unless you really have paid for vehicle insurance for your bicycle, in which case you're a mug. lol
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
no, I am insured for when some lady garden knocks me off it :p
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Serious Accident to member Day666 13 3,217 06-04-2017, 11:44 AM
Last Post: Lwilliams
  Another friend wants to join Sian 39 5,703 28-04-2016, 06:13 PM
Last Post: toseland
  Asking for a friend! Sian 35 3,714 07-04-2016, 08:51 PM