Creaky Doors!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creaky Doors!
I've just been ignoring this problem for ages, but it's getting unbearable now :roll:

I'm assuming it's the check straps, unless there's some magical quick fix for it, in which case has anyone got a part number and price? All 4 doors are pretty noisy, but the passenger side rear is particularly bad, so will just replace that one if they cost a fortune.

Is it a hard job? I had a little search around and seems like it's door-card off and some jiggery pokery to get them in and out.

Cheers chaps.
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Try some spray grease first, that could quiet them up a bit, is it a clunking sound? As you might be able to get away with new pins which are only about a quid i think, last thing you want to replace are the actual check straps as they were £15 last time i bought some
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
spray grease and work it in

wd40 will work but wont last that long
Thanks given by:
cully Wrote:spray grease and work it in

wd40 will work but wont last that long

Which is why i said spray grease Tongue
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
Thanks given by:
This is good news indeed! I'm at uni so can't scrounge any off the old man, I assume the hellfrauds down the road will have spray grease?

It's creaking and clunking and all the wrong sounds lol.
Thanks given by:
If its clunking that means there's play in it, which a new pin might fix, but if there's been play for a while, its probably worn the hole and a new pin wouldnt fit, which would mean new strap
Thanks given by:
You can't buy pins for the ph3 starps anyway iirc. Kez, before buying a new one, try tightening all the check strap bolts (both sides).
Thanks given by:
Yes you can tom
Thanks given by:
Mmkay, so I'll tighten up all the bolts and grease it up to see if that helps, if not then it's new bolts or whole new units, splendid.
Thanks given by:
New bolts? Well done tom for confusing things... Just read my previous post kez lol
Thanks given by:
Ive got a brand new check strap in my room that i never got round to fitting if your interested?
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I meant pin Connor, lol.

And I may take you up on that oneway (never gets old Tongue), if these tricks don't work! Cheers buddy.
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:New bolts? Well done tom for confusing things... Just read my previous post kez lol

Umm.....find me the part number then.......ph3 straps don't use replaceable roll pins like ph2s!

And its often the bolts in the door coming loose which creates the clicking noise. Trust me its been the same on most of mine. :roll:
Thanks given by:
I just whacked some copper grease on mine and the nasty creaking has gone
Thanks given by:
tom shut the f*ck up!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
:dance:
Thanks given by:
What the...? Confusedhock:

I'm damn sure phase 3's don't use check strap roll pins in the front doors! :?

*Goes to find the thread on pugnet about this*

Edit - Ok its the '6 site but still - http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread ... 472&page=1
Thanks given by:
I've remembered the difference now, on ph3s they have a pin which is colour coded and flat on both ends (not like a roll pin that you can hammer out)...anyone with a ph3 can have a look..........I'd show you a pic if i still had the pug.
Thanks given by:
As tom says, the ph3s are 1 unit, but only on the front, not the rear.
For the straps them selfs theres a from and till build code, so the from ones will be the complete unit.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Chris Wrote:As tom says, the ph3s are 1 unit, but only on the front, not the rear.
For the straps them selfs theres a from and till build code, so the from ones will be the complete unit.

Thank f*ck for that! lol Was starting to doubt myself! lmao
Thanks given by:
I have the same problem but i found this on ebay! Blush cheap ore what?

GENUINE Peugeot 306 Door Check Strap Bracket / Yoke & Arrester Pin
[Image: 62941977.jpg]
Thanks given by: