Blown exhaust

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blown exhaust
First of all, sorry if anyone think that this is a daft question.

I know nothing about cars other than how to fill the "skooshers" and check and fill oil and water/coolant etc.

My exhaust is currently blown, would driving it cause any damage to the engine? I've seen people talking about the exhaust system needs "pressure" to work properly? Would I need to get anything checked after I get the exhaust replaced?

Any comments welcome as always! Smile
Thanks given by:
nah it'll be fine

might make a bit more noise, which in turn could attract unwanted attention
Thanks given by:
What zx said. You're fine. Just get it done before you get pulled
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the replies guys! Smile

I'm getting it done next week, I just don't want to do anything to the engine as it runs so good! Even when I start her from cold the engine purrs! No knocks rattles or anything.
Thanks given by:
Don't think I've ever had a fully sealed exhaust on a 306...stupid semi-circle clamp things never work for me lol. And driven more than one after the backbox/cat fell off...one for about 3 months iirc, albeit a HDi... Won't hurt it at all, you should notice a bit more low end torque when its fixed though!
Thanks given by:
(19-03-2015, 06:26 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Don't think I've ever had a fully sealed exhaust on a 306...stupid semi-circle clamp things never work for me lol.   And driven more than one after the backbox/cat fell off...one for about 3 months iirc, albeit a HDi...  Won't hurt it at all, you should notice a bit more low end torque when its fixed though!

Yeah hopefully, I've opened it up a few times and there's nowhere near as much power as before my exhaust blew!

Just excessive noise, to the point that even people are staring at me on the motorway doing 50! ? lol!
Thanks given by:
Yeah the noise is the main problem haha, particularly on a GTi6, as the turbo quietens it a bit on the diesels lol.

But you won't cause any harm to it driving to get the bits or to a garage if that's your choice. Smile
Thanks given by:
(19-03-2015, 06:26 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Don't think I've ever had a fully sealed exhaust on a 306...stupid semi-circle clamp things never work for me lol.   And driven more than one after the backbox/cat fell off...one for about 3 months iirc, albeit a HDi...  Won't hurt it at all, you should notice a bit more low end torque when its fixed though!

The Magnex on the China would of been alright it doesn't use the flange fittings although eventually the middle box would of gone.

I think the astor's had eat 3 standard systems before i had,I dunno why they never seem to last
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gti 6 blown up? Jaymes306 20 2,462 21-03-2014, 10:28 AM
Last Post: Jaymes306