Leak Off Test Confusion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leak Off Test Confusion
I've just got round to doing a leak off test today on my HDI with '076' injectors from a 307 HDI

After 20 mins the results were:

Injector 4 126ml (6.3ml per min)
Injector 3 174ml (8.7ml per min)
Injector 2 172ml (8.6ml per min)
Injector 1 171ml (8.55ml per min)

I've read around 8ml leak off rate per min is ideal, so I'm a bit confused why 4 is quite low and it seems odd that 1,2,3 are are very closely matched.

The car is returning decent MPG (50+) and performance is OK but I don't think it's as responsive as it should be.

Thanks in advance,
Thanks given by:
The HDi isn't a very responsive engine as standard, a stage 1 map would help a lot, on both that count and for performance. Those injector leak-off rates look fine to me, shouldn't think they're a problem.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Thanks. Sorry should have mentined I have a pro_steve stage 1 and it's definitely quicker than standard and pulls well with no smoking etc but just doesn't seem as responsive as it used to be a few months back and the engine note is a bit deeper. It's not just because I'm used to the power as I've got access to another another stage 1 306 and that feels noticeably more responsive and smoother.

All the live data readings in Peugeot Planet are ok I've compared them with the other 306 which led me to thinking it could be injector related hence doing a leak off test. The only other thing I thought it might be is EGR related (perhaps stuck open?) - it's disabled (vac line disconnected and plugged) but I guess that's no guarantee of it being stuck open slightly. Blanking it off is probably going to be my next move.
Thanks given by:
EGR could be slightly open, but i don't see how that'd affect the engine note. Any chance it could be blowing exhaust gases around the turbo?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I thought they were supposed to be within a certain percentage of each other so 4 is probably too far out, id consider replacing it.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Enough of a leak to be a concerning boost leak? MY95 27 4,136 14-03-2016, 07:18 PM
Last Post: Midnightclub