abs light still on

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
abs light still on
hi guys after fitting 3 brand new abs sensors to the car the abs light is still on brand new hubs on the back so a know the teeth are fine and i checked the abs rings on the front and they are fine any idea what could be wrong
Thanks given by:
Tried cleaning the ABS rings up front? Sometimes the sensors struggle to pick them up correctly if they are caked in shit.

Get a multimeter on the plugs for the ABS sensors and either spin a wheel (manually when the car is jacked up) or wave a magnetic screwdriver over the tip of the sensor and check for resistance.
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Just curious why you have so far changed 3 sensors?....IE, what led you to do that and why not all 4!?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(03-07-2013, 02:03 PM)Piggy Wrote: Just curious why you have so far changed 3 sensors?....IE, what led you to do that and why not all 4!?
front one was snapped the other one was a new one before a got the car
recon'd axle on the back and couldnt get the old ones out the old axle

(03-07-2013, 02:02 PM)Grant Wrote: Tried cleaning the ABS rings up front? Sometimes the sensors struggle to pick them up correctly if they are caked in shit.

Get a multimeter on the plugs for the ABS sensors and either spin a wheel (manually when the car is jacked up) or wave a magnetic screwdriver over the tip of the sensor and check for resistance.

on the rear abs sensors a had to cut the pin down a gd bit in order for the abs sensor to go in as the pin was far too long and hittin against the hub could it be anything to do with that its still pretty close to the hub
Thanks given by:
you cut it ?.............you killed it then.
Thanks given by:
you cut the sensor?! Oh crap.

that maybe ya issue! lmao
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
had to Sad the pin was far too long theres still a bit of pin the gap between the pin and the hub is about 2mm from the hub
Thanks given by:
am taking it down to my mate tomorrow for an mot so a will just get him to sort the abs out
Thanks given by:

was the pin circled that i gave a wee trim
Thanks given by:
abs was fine lol a forgot to plug in one of the sensors Blush my bad thats it passed its mot only advisory was balljoint had very very minor play
Thanks given by: