306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Frosty's Ph1 Black D Turbo now with VNT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Looking good boyo how did it go changing the shaft? Think its quite simple but time consuming? Looks loads better with the xenon bulbs
(10-11-2013, 09:04 AM)sam Wrote: [ -> ]Looking good boyo how did it go changing the shaft? Think its quite simple but time consuming? Looks loads better with the xenon bulbs

Cheers, pretty easy to be honest. The amount of times I've had it out it don't take very long. And I do it at work on the ramp so that makes it a lot easier bring on the ramp.
My interior water leak is back. Pissed off is an understatement
A few pics I have nicked from people from the South West meet yesterday

[Image: null_zps8ad4471a.jpg]

[Image: null_zps488fa969.jpg]

[Image: null_zpscecfd974.jpg]

[Image: null_zps6b3ebcd3.jpg]

[Image: null_zpse0b1ba80.jpg]

[Image: null_zpsce397fad.jpg]

[Image: null_zps2f182df4.jpg]

[Image: null_zpsa553cd56.jpg]

[Image: null_zps8b8a75cf.jpg]
A video of the strange noise I have got. Spoke to a few people and think its clutch related. Just wondered if anyone has had this problem before

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDIj225z6e8
Could be gearbox bearings/shaft related at certain loads etc
Thats a really tidy looking car mate, just get myself a hdi, love your fmic, looks awesome!
(11-11-2013, 10:26 PM)devils_fuel Wrote: [ -> ]Could be gearbox bearings/shaft related at certain loads etc

I haven't ruled gearbox out but I am thinking it sounds more clutch.

Trying to drive it will a bit of clutch slip in case of high spots on the clutch plate after I spoke to Darren about it

(12-11-2013, 01:06 PM)itone24 Wrote: [ -> ]Thats a really tidy looking car mate, just get myself a hdi, love your fmic, looks awesome!

Cheers chap
Winter wheels fitted

[Image: null_zps4d0a8c32.jpg]
not sure, think it looks better on clones lol.
I cant decide if I like them or not
I like them. Cars lagged though Undecided
Needs lower profiles.......
(13-11-2013, 09:08 PM)Tom Wrote: [ -> ]I like them. Cars lagged though Undecided

I told you it don't stay clean for very long

(13-11-2013, 09:11 PM)Jimbo Wrote: [ -> ]Needs lower profiles.......

Don't be silly. 55s FTW
55's, ALWAYS 55's.
Because your car looks so awesome, I am banning you from uploading photos of it when it is dirty.

Get it sorted man!!!

Any chance of you getting some in car videos? Interested to see how it performs.
They look decent, needs a wash though haha
(13-11-2013, 09:51 PM)c.gerrard Wrote: [ -> ]Because your car looks so awesome, I am banning you from uploading photos of it when it is dirty.

Get it sorted man!!!

Any chance of you getting some in car videos? Interested to see how it performs.

I will try and get something sorted

(13-11-2013, 10:34 PM)Craigus Wrote: [ -> ]They look decent, needs a wash though haha

You offering to wash it craig? lol

I only washed it on sunday
I will wash it for a ripper Wink
(13-11-2013, 10:53 PM)Craigus Wrote: [ -> ]I will wash it for a ripper Wink

Lol, anything for a ripper
(13-11-2013, 09:06 PM)Frosty Wrote: [ -> ]I cant decide if I like them or not

I'll take them off your grubby mitts for nowt Big Grin

(13-11-2013, 09:35 PM)padge Wrote: [ -> ]55's, ALWAYS 55's.

+1

My lasers are 55's
(16-11-2013, 06:36 PM)devils_fuel Wrote: [ -> ]
(13-11-2013, 09:06 PM)Frosty Wrote: [ -> ]I cant decide if I like them or not

I'll take them off your grubby mitts for nowt Big Grin

Cheeky
I had a bit of a play yesterday with my clock and heater control bulbs as I want them to be blue so that they match the gauges and stereo. I fitted these

[Image: null_zps390496fe.jpg]

[Image: null_zpsb7451cd8.jpg]

Im not that happy with them as they aren't very bright or very blue, more like a green

[Image: null_zpsce4eeb4a.jpg]

[Image: null_zpsbe3f34eb.jpg]

[Image: null_zps42eec1e0.jpg]

Im going to look into getting some different bulbs, Maybe some LEDs but not sure which 1s. Anyone know of some that they recommend?

Also as Mark (mr fish) had been keeping on at me about my exhaust being restrictive we dropped it off last night and went for a blast. TBH I don't think it has really mad much of a difference to performance but it is loud as f*ck. And I don't think it really made much diffence to my EGT either. But I fort while it was off I would attempt some videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYWKrrHewUk

And a 30 to 70ish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlKt9an5S0w

The exhaust is still off at the moment but I will be putting it back on tonight after work as it is hellish loud and I don't think the locals appreciate it very much
My horn decided to stop working so I had to get a replacement so I decided to go for a cheeky little air horn. I got that fitted tonight so bumper off again

[Image: 2777C01F-E9C9-42FB-B59F-CBC71BB53EFF_zpspo8c5iyk.jpg]

Horn fitted

[Image: FFE9CC0C-CBEA-4002-950F-72BC88E21FB1_zpsgwgkjl4v.jpg]

I did tidy the wires up Smile

As some of you may have seen in my strange noise thread I have noticed my clutch seems to have got pretty stiff so I have got a clutch cable coming from Peugeot but I think it maybe the pressure plate causing my issues.

Also I will be putting some standard twin optic head lights on as main beam isn't wanting to work on 1 of the head lights which I think is down to the head light wiring loom. Also changing them as there are pretty poor light out put even with the xenons in.
Just fort that I would put up that it made it to the Christmas meet at Milton Keynes and back home which was just over a 400 mile round trip. Was all good apart from the clutch making itself heard every now and again which I need to see about sorting.

Got a few bits to do to it so will see how it goes this week and update as per usual
frosty if you wnt blue LEDs come and see me with a heater panel and i will solder some in Wink
(02-12-2013, 07:37 AM)cully Wrote: [ -> ]frosty if you wnt blue LEDs come and see me with a heater panel and i will solder some in Wink

Cheers but its the orange filter that's make the blue look green isn't it?
I changed to clutch cable on it yesterday as the clutch was pretty stiff and it seems to have make it a fair bit better. Strangely the clutch noise I have doesn't seem to happen as often now which I can't really work out but I does still make it a bit.

And on other news I seem to have a coolant pressuring issues which had pissed me off. I don't want to jump to conclusions but im thinking head gasket, though I cant really see why as I fitted a new vitor reinz head gasket and bolts when I rebuilt the engine and got the head pressure tested and skimmed. I have done about 4000 miles since the rebuild so I really cant see why I have the problem. It not losing any coolant. I cant think that I would of lifted the head? I'm not running that bigger boost or power. I am going to try a thermostat but I'm not very hopeful.

Any ideas would be really helpful as I'm losing the love Sad
Is it just making a hissing noise?

Mine used to do that till I changed the header tank cap.

Don't lose the love, having said that, I love my life so much more now that there is a Volvo on the drive lol
Lots of lost love around ATM, just keep at it mate!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21