306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: flywheel stuck
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
right iv changed the waterpump and cambelt in the car, locked of straight forward no problems, once fitted i turned over by hand 3 times with no problems, fitted the starter went to start nothing, thought ok chuck on another starter, nothing seemed like the fly wouldnt go (if you know what i mean)

jacked it back up, removed starter, put in fifth and started turning the drivers wheel turns a lil but then stops as if something is stopping it

iv removed the inspection plate underneath and cant see anything so now im a bit stumped.

Any ideas???

thanks dan.
Sure you removed all the bits from locking it off?
Yep double, triple checked
timing right?
PANIC !!! dont ever turn an engine over an odd number of times---only 2,4,.......

reason is if you do an odd count then cam will be half a turn out, which does lead to people then removing belts/pins/devices to shift everything again which will result in tears when you try to start it ??

allways even number of times to check/recheck the belt and timing marks.
I always turn mine over 4x at the crank which if I'm correct, is 1 full rotation of the belt, then refit pins to make sure everything is still lined up.
right iv come the the conclusion i may be hitting the valves Sad how can i retime the cam if it wont allow me to turn the crank?
You said it turned over THREE times though fine?

If the motor turned over three times 10 seconds before, you cant be hitting valves....
So what do you suggest then? Im jus trying to solve it lol

Reading that back it sounds patronising but its not lol
Its nothing silly like being left in gear, otherwise it does sound timing related. Have you rechecked the pins yet?
The pins arent lining up now, the cam and pump dnt line up wen the fly is locked, there 180 degrees out, problem is with the without a pin in the fly i stil cant turn it enough to lock off the cam, can i manual set the cam up?
Take the belt off and then lock everything off again
How would i lock the cam off with no belt? Use the 17mm nut?
Yeah just rotate the cam shaft and pump and put the bolts in