306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Td04 air filter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do people route there filters? I do have a zantia pipe but it hits the brake res so I'm considering removing the brake res bottle to allow it to fit. But how do others go about it?
De filter ftw
flexi pipe.

/pearoast
I have been running no filter but be nice to least something there. Even a cone straight onto inlet. Will see what room there is behind wing or in arch
Cheapo airfilter off eBay works well with me mate.
About £10 posted

Get a reducer elbow in silicon, a joiner and some flexi pipe going to the filter
I've tried and failed many times to try and get something sorted!

Only way I reckon is to have 90 off turbo, up over cambelt and then across.
(04-11-2013, 07:30 PM)c.gerrard Wrote: [ -> ]I've tried and failed many times to try and get something sorted!

Only way I reckon is to have 90 off turbo, up over cambelt and then across.

Flexi pipe mate as said above. I think it was Padge who had a neat setup on his old diablo
As in routed the way I said?

There's no way it will go behind the block with my IC piping.
(04-11-2013, 08:21 PM)c.gerrard Wrote: [ -> ]As in routed the way I said?

There's no way it will go behind the block with my IC piping.

What about how I got mine done?
There is quite literally no room. You've got a turbo with more room I'm assuming.

The only way it will fit, is if its crushed, so there's no point in having it.
Is there no room at all for some flexi to come up between the strut tower and master cylinder?

Otherwise why don't people mount their turbos the other way around down the back with the inlet facing the gearbox? (obviously no good on a tmic but front mount should be fine)
(04-11-2013, 08:37 PM)c.gerrard Wrote: [ -> ]There is quite literally no room. You've got a turbo with more room I'm assuming.

The only way it will fit, is if its crushed, so there's no point in having it.

Yeah must do but the flexi pipe is very tight between the brake servo and inlet manifold
If I didn't have the ECU to worry about things would be so much simpler. I ran defiltered for a bit, wasn't happy and had to fit a filter. Standard one won't fit me, so had to think around the box....

So for my sins I use this rather quare setup
[Image: Image882.jpg]

It actually works rather well despite it's clumsy appearance and proximity to the rad. Breather was later engineered into the pipework rather than poisoning me!
[Image: 483801_10151793021340620_1658020522_n_zps665733c0.jpg]
Might have to put gas struts on my 205 bonnet to get rid of the hinge.
Would make routing the air filter 10 times easier
in that picture padge it seems you have loads of room between the expansion bottle and the fuel pump i know mine is a lucas but would changing to a bosch open that space up or have you done something else?
Td04 and a Lucas? Can't be a happy marriage surely?
(05-11-2013, 06:55 AM)Paul_13 Wrote: [ -> ]Might have to put gas struts on my 205 bonnet to get rid of the hinge.

Remove the original one and keep it in the boot, its only two m6 nuts and how often do you use it?
Padge what size pipe is that on your airfilter? Did it work well?
(05-11-2013, 07:18 PM)Daniel306 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-11-2013, 06:55 AM)Paul_13 Wrote: [ -> ]Might have to put gas struts on my 205 bonnet to get rid of the hinge.

Remove the original one and keep it in the boot, its only two m6 nuts and how often do you use it?

It's French so a lot!

My luck is I'll lose it haha
I've got some clips I cut off a shell when I was going to fit struts to my ph1 if your interested?

I just run de filter loads easier
2.25"
(05-11-2013, 07:08 PM)306pc Wrote: [ -> ]Td04 and a Lucas? Can't be a happy marriage surely?

My 205 loves it. Heart