306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: 306 hubs on 205
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bottom ball joint on the 205 hub is oval, anyone know if 306 hubs fit or will i just need to try it?
no. different. sorry.
They do fit but give possitive camber iirc
Was going to say; 306 hubs fit; Dom uses them i believe.
With positive camber?!
yeah exactly. positive camber...no ta
Drive shaft splines are different sizes, next question do 1900 gti drive shalfts fit a 1905 xud with Hdi box?
the xud/hdi box is the same splines for drivehshafts...

but dont know about gti shafts...strictlyderv would be the man to ask
When i changed from the xud to Hdi box the inner drive shalft cups need changing as the splines are too long and caused it to leak
The 1.9 205's can use the 16mm ball joint hole from the 306 gti6 fine, yes it will give you about +0.5 positive camber give or take a bit.

I have a spare one if you need it to keep you going on for a while ?

Which side do you need ?
(04-09-2013, 11:46 AM)Daniel306 Wrote: [ -> ]When i changed from the xud to Hdi box the inner drive shalft cups need changing as the splines are too long and caused it to leak

the boxes are basically identical pal. just the final drive and clutch arms that are different
(04-09-2013, 02:29 PM)Bender Wrote: [ -> ]The 1.9 205's can use the 16mm ball joint hole from the 306 gti6 fine, yes it will give you about +0.5 positive camber give or take a bit.

I have a spare one if you need it to keep you going on for a while ?

Which side do you need ?

Got it sorted now used a gti hub and put my original ->insert name of part here that has got the threaded holes for the wheel bolts and splines on the inside for the driveshalft<- with a new bearing

(04-09-2013, 03:06 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-09-2013, 11:46 AM)Daniel306 Wrote: [ -> ]When i changed from the xud to Hdi box the inner drive shalft cups need changing as the splines are too long and caused it to leak

the boxes are basically identical pal. just the final drive and clutch arms that are different

Iv seen a few members on here have the same problem when converting to hdi box, the part of the shalft that the seal run's on can be different and will weep oil out
(04-09-2013, 05:32 PM)Daniel306 Wrote: [ -> ]Got it sorted now used a gti hub and put my original hub face with a new bearing

Wink
well done chap. nice n sorted Smile

likely they wept oil because the seals maybe werent replaced?? Ive got hdi box on and xud shafts. new seals and no leaks
Next time i find it weeps because the splines are different il take photos as proof

Also found a rust hole about the size of a penny, ended up cutting all this out

[img][Image: 20130904_184033_zps0f4fbf56.jpg][/img]
When you say gti, did you mean gti6 hub or is your car the 1.6, bit confused ?

Disk cutter Big Grin
(04-09-2013, 09:04 PM)Bender Wrote: [ -> ]When you say gti, did you mean gti6 hub or is your car the 1.6, bit confused ?

Mine is a Dturbo, I used a 205 1900 Gti hub with the original hub face

(04-09-2013, 09:26 PM)Dave Wrote: [ -> ]

Disk cutter Big Grin

Have you seen this happen before?
So 205 hubs could give negative camber on a 306, hmmm..?
it's because the bottom of the carrier is longer on a 205, but if you run 309 front arms it stops this.
I don't want to stop it, i want negative camber! Tongue