my ph1 s16

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my ph1 s16
i agree i think the nimrods suite the car wouldnt mind some nimrods or challengers myself but on a tight budget at min Sad
Thanks given by:
looking good mate! whats the exhaust you got on it? it looks fairly big
Thanks given by:
It has a 3 inch magnex system the bore of the whole system is 2.5 inch through and it is quite loud tbh
Thanks given by:
Saw this when you came to pick some tyres up, quite impressed - nice little motor. Smile
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
(09-11-2012, 03:02 PM)C2K Wrote: Saw this when you came to pick some tyres up, quite impressed - nice little motor. Smile

Thanks mate. Just bought some s16 seats Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Had these turn up todayBig Grin

not the best pic but a nice s16 interior there well comfyRolleyes
Thanks given by:
Just found a few pics from when i was doing the 8v to s16 conversion

and the rear axle rebuild

Thanks given by:
Time for a little update not much has happened to this in a few months now no issues witth it which im very pleased with lolBig Grin

The 2 front tyres are starting to get a bit low so i have ordered some toyo proxies t1r just waiting for them to get delivered i also took it to have the tracking done.
pic of the car on the ramp

Thanks given by:
love the cylinder head detail Smile
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
yea that was done by my girlfreind sat there for about an hour painting them red stripes on lolBig Grin
Thanks given by:
Right about time i sort out a issue i have had since i put the engine in the car.

I dont realy know why it is rubbing but i think if i get a bonnet liner and a new pipe that should hopefully solve it.
Thanks given by:
Agree with ozone liking the paint on the cylinder head. I want to do something like that on mine. What paint did you use?

Also have you ever had it on a rolling road?
Thanks given by:
i just used the high tempreture brush on paint that you can get in halfords come out pretty well tbh. I havent put it on a rolling road i do want to see what its running my mates mk2 g.olf abf and this are about as quick as each other so i hink it is running about the right power lol
Thanks given by:
Ok cool. I'm thinking about doing a bit of work on the head off the spare engine i got so will see about painting it when i get round to it.

I was pretty happy when i got mine on the rolling road and made 159bhp. Thats with exhaust and de-cat. I think I've got the same magnex exhaust as you as welll
Thanks given by:
yea thats pretty good standrd there suppose to be 155 so you have acualy gained a few lol. hope the same can be said for me when i acualy get round to it lol.
Thanks given by:
Yeah was ok. How many miles has your engine done?
Thanks given by:
the engine had done 130k but i put a 80k head on it about 2 years ago now prob only done 15k since then it pulls realy well. wouldnt mind looking into fitting a set of bike carbs at some point Rolleyes
Thanks given by:
had to take the nimrods off today as one of my spacers broke.

as you can see in the pics the centre bore has broke off which means it wont sit right i have spoke to the company i bought them off and they are going to replace free of charge and also refund my postage aswell Rolleyes. i dont think it looks as good with the lazers on thoughDodgy

Thanks given by:
Jeez, that's not good!

Saw a black phase 1 S16 in a carpark yesterday on Cyclones, did look really smart.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
yea i know its not good lol i cnt believe that the seller i bought them off are going to replace them realy because it has been like 6 months lol. i have got some cyclones here i was gonna refurb in black for winter wheels for this but i never got round to it lol
Thanks given by:
So yesterday i recieved my replacement spacer

Also i got 2 new tyres for the nimrods while they were off got 2 195 45 16 toyo proxies £110 off ebay and a tenner to my mate to fit and balance them.

Thanks given by:
Do you want the breather pipe mate?
Thanks given by:
Right time to update this I had a few issues with the car a few months ago with the bottom end started knocking which turned out to be a oil pump failure lol so I had to get another engine and Jenkosowls was breaking a s16 at the time so a trip down to Rotherham and I picked up the new engine.

Few pics of the car during the swap

There the only pics I got so the car was running fine and then it just didnt want to rev turned out to be the cat had collapsed

So I gutted that and welded it back together for now and was running fine again.

I have got mot soon so thought id best get a cat for it and was getting annoyed that the car is so loud when driving at normal speeds so when I got a new cat I got a standard exhaust system from vlj

Thanks given by:
Get a de-cat sorted after MOT! They are defo FTW!
Thanks given by:
Yea might have to when I gutted the old cat it was poppin whenever you let off sounded awsome
Thanks given by:
12 months mot woop woop

Thanks given by:
What not even a handbrake advisory? I love the car always had a soft spot for the s16 even if its a rep, also didn't realise there was a member so close to me other than Rotherham
Thanks given by:
Yea I dont know many members from here where you from?? Nope no advisory on handbrake its not long had new calipers pads and discs handbrakes not to bad atm lol
Thanks given by:
Corringham it's a small village about 5 miles outside of Gainsborough
Thanks given by:
Haha. Thought you would be closer your still a couple of hours away lolDodgy
Thanks given by: