306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: my ph1 s16
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Thought id put up a few pics of my car i have been on here for a while just havent started a project thread lol. I have just lowered here and got some nimrods.

here she is with the speedlines.

[attachment=2017]

with the nimrods

[attachment=2018]

[attachment=2019]

[attachment=2020]

and just a quick one of the engine bay

[attachment=2021]
Looks really nice that! For some reason it really suits the nimrods too.

any plans for it?
Sweet ph1 on on nimrods FTW, iv never seen another s16 in cherry, in person, for sale or on a forum,

nice mate, love you

o need some bigger spacers on the wheels though Tongue
The only plans for it atm is to get her all polished up and enjoy her for a little while.
It has been sat for a while and the paint has faded.I have only just rebuilt a gti6 rear axle and fitted with solid rear beam mounts, lowered the front 60mm with new droplinks and a gti6 brake setup,
I might get a new set of wishbones then all the bushes have pretty much been replaced. I also have a powerflex lower engine mount to put on.
Looks like a nice S16 you got there. I got 1 in diablo red. I have put a GTI6 gearbox on it which I would recommend but there is a lot of work involved in it
I much prefer the Speedlines, but I always do Wink
its not an original s16. Its a ph1 xsi with a s16 engine lol. thanks for the though comments guys
(02-08-2012, 08:32 PM)nufc4frosty Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like a nice S16 you got there. I got 1 in diablo red. I have put a GTI6 gearbox on it which I would recommend but there is a lot of work involved in it

yea i was thinking of putting a 6 speed gearbox in but i quite like the s16 box plus also it has a new clutch when the engine went in.
Putting a GTI6 gearbox on will be pretty much the same it's just nice to have the extra gear. It uses the same clutch as well. I had to swap a lot of bits over though. Luckily I had broke a GTI6 so had all the bits I needed
if u could get some spacers for back wheels that be cool but looks really good mate
i was thinking of getting some 20mm spacers on the back but i didnt know if that would be to much lol. ive had people in the back and it dosnt rub atm lol. but i might get some soon.
You'd be amazed what a difference the GTi6 box makes on the S16 - it's much closer ratio, keeps it up the revs so much better on gearchange.... The GTi6 box isn't a 5 speed with another gear on the end, it's all more closer together...

Had a go in an S16 with a '6 box on, I rekon it makes a more fun drive than the GTi6 - the S16 has SO much more character than the GTi6 engine it's unreal...
So i take it its well worth doing then. how difficult is it to put the reverse cable in?
car looks good bud!! team s16 ftw
(06-08-2012, 11:31 AM)aggyj17 Wrote: [ -> ]So i take it its well worth doing then. how difficult is it to put the reverse cable in?

the cable is quiet easy to put in but there are alot of other bits you have to change. when i did it on mine i had to change the steering rack. also i changed the sump as the sump is the cover for the bottem of the gearbox so as i did that i had to also change the oil pump (just incase its different) the power steering pipe that goes under the engine and had to change the whole auxillery set up. you can prob get away without changing some of the bits but i had a spare GTi6 engine so i did it all proper. if you want some pics i an try and get some for you
if you could get a few pics for me that would be apreciated.
i will get it on the ramp at work hopefully tomorrow mate and post some pics up.
are those nimrods off the 406 or 206?

What tyre size are you running-195 or 205
there off a 206 ive got 195 45 16 on it.
If you're running Nimrods with spacers over about 10mm, you can more than likely get away without putting in the gti6 steering rack and having the horrendous right hand lock... They only just kiss the gearbox as standard...

BTW Where abouts are you based?
im in spalding lincolnshire lol. i woukdnt mind finding out who lives near me and get a little meet together i havent met anyone from on here yet
Here are some pics of my S16 with a GTi6 gearbox. I also had to put a GTi6 air box on it

From below
[Image: ccc5d7e8.jpg]
[Image: 8cf0b095.jpg]
[Image: 9b06bca0.jpg]
[Image: 10513315.jpg]
[Image: 492280df.jpg]

A few from above

[Image: 8588dd5f.jpg]
[Image: 5dfb8ce7.jpg]

Hope this helps you
Very nice, Nimrods always look good on p1's. Will look ace once you polish it up!
i have 20mm's on mine hardly sticks out Sad
lol. is yours lowered? does it scrub with people in the back im thinking of getting some bigger spacers and putting the 10 mm on the front.
Right not much to update on this realy have finaly puy my powerflex lower engine mount on and it feels soooo much better engages gear nicely now not had to do anything to her for a while now but i have now got a set of clones that i am going to spray gloss black so i can then take off the nimrods and get them resprayed. Here are a few more

[Image: yramasas.jpg]

[Image: a6uvydu6.jpg]

[Image: u4e9y5yj.jpg]

i also got some hockey stick clips aswell

[Image: yzy6yryb.jpg]

and xsara mist jets

[Image: uzeta7ur.jpg]

A bit late but here are the spacers

[Image: ne6aquqa.jpg]

[Image: a5a9eqyr.jpg]

And some beadage.

[Image: baqymu9u.jpg]
It's near identical to my dt
haha. great minds think alike lol. how are you getting on with the s16 seats??? lol.
Paisley freight 45quid to post
that looks really smart - i think the nimrods suite it realy well!
Pages: 1 2 3