Newbie that needs a code reader

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie that needs a code reader
Hi All,
Been lurking for a while trying to find info.  I have (since new) a 306 HDI Meridian estate, Nov 2000. Could anyone point me in the direction of a code reader? Need to reset to turn engine management light off, I know why it came on and that has been rectified. All the code readers I come across seem to be for 2014 onwards. Have tried local garage services with out any luck.

Thanks
Thanks given by:
Just one of the eBay 5 quid blue tooth ones with the torque mobile app will do the job Smile
Thanks given by:
I use a Maxiscan MS300, cost about £12.99 on amazon at the time. Use it on my phase 3 estate as well as an '02 Astra (95% of cars after 1996). Very, very basic but will give you codes and can clear the engine light.
Thanks given by:
Many thanks for replies. Bought an MS300, good job they are cheap. Doesn't fit mine, has 16 pins but is a slightly different shape, car has a locating lump (i assume) sticking up stopping the scanner fitting. Guess mine is not OB2 compliant. Anyone got any ideas? It is a Nov 2000 reg car 2ltr deisel.
Thanks given by:
All OBD ports should be identical on the pugs afaik.. the scanner cable should have a little notch for the bit you're on about. If you've got an android phone, just do what eeyore said and get a bluetooth obd scanner and the torque pro app
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Just cut the notch in it yourself tbh.

Ps welcome along!
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Local garages cant turn off a dash light? Go to better garages!!!
Thanks given by: