306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Newbie that needs a code reader
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,
Been lurking for a while trying to find info.  I have (since new) a 306 HDI Meridian estate, Nov 2000. Could anyone point me in the direction of a code reader? Need to reset to turn engine management light off, I know why it came on and that has been rectified. All the code readers I come across seem to be for 2014 onwards. Have tried local garage services with out any luck.

Thanks
Just one of the eBay 5 quid blue tooth ones with the torque mobile app will do the job Smile
I use a Maxiscan MS300, cost about £12.99 on amazon at the time. Use it on my phase 3 estate as well as an '02 Astra (95% of cars after 1996). Very, very basic but will give you codes and can clear the engine light.
Many thanks for replies. Bought an MS300, good job they are cheap. Doesn't fit mine, has 16 pins but is a slightly different shape, car has a locating lump (i assume) sticking up stopping the scanner fitting. Guess mine is not OB2 compliant. Anyone got any ideas? It is a Nov 2000 reg car 2ltr deisel.
All OBD ports should be identical on the pugs afaik.. the scanner cable should have a little notch for the bit you're on about. If you've got an android phone, just do what eeyore said and get a bluetooth obd scanner and the torque pro app
Just cut the notch in it yourself tbh.

Ps welcome along!
Local garages cant turn off a dash light? Go to better garages!!!