Citroen zx volcane 3 door

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Citroen zx volcane 3 door
Really clean ZX mate not many around like that
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
(20-04-2017, 12:03 PM)Orta Wrote: Really clean ZX mate not many around like that

Thanks mate.

Not much happening with this at the moment, just racking up the miles ticked over to 180k last night. Having some issues tho seem to have an intermittent issue with the coolant system, it some times pressures up and some time doesn't not sure what's going off but it doesn't over heat and no oil in water. Just keeping my eye on it at the moment.

Also the clutch for some reason gets heavy and heavy the more you drive, but it's fine when cold. I belive it had a new clutch last year so that should be fine, I've just picked up a new clutch cable gonna give that a try see if that helps.

Collecting up parts to start an engine build.

What I've got so far

Arp head studs
Big end bearings
Complete head gasket set
Powerflex lower engine mount
Xantia non egr manifold.

Forged rods hopefully should be on there way some time soon.

Also got a gt2052 in my sights that I'm gonna make an offer on that will do me for now why I save up for something bigger. It'd be nice to crack over 200bhp.

Comments welcome

Thanks given by:
A few little updates 

Fitted the red powerflex engine mount much better to drive now. 

Fitted a brand new clutch cable, that hasn't solved the heavy clutch issues the more you drive :Undecided

I needed to tighten the alternator belt up as it started screaming at me so why I had wheel off I had some 266mm brakes in the shed thought I'd see how hard they would be to fit. There on now but mighty close to the wheels. 

So I've bought some 15mm hubcentric spacers they have come but the bolts are to long so need to shorten them. 

Today some retro wind deflectors turned up. 

Got them fitted drives window doesn't want to go up right now but left it for now I'll sort it another day.

That's about it not much else happening got verious water leaks in to the car to sort, looked why the rear wiper wasn't working and some one has cut the wiring on the motor so I've sorted another motor out with wiring. I'm also trying to work out why the rear heated window doesn't work, fues is ok so gonna try the relay next I think. But I don't understand why the switch doesn't illuminate when lights are on, and I've tested the bulb in the switch and it works. 

Comments as always welcome.

Thanks given by:
So I've decided to pull this off the road for a while the head gasket is starting to get pretty bad now I'm having to top the water up pretty much every other day, so I've been out today and left a deposit on the beast Wink

[Image: 20170528_143135_zpscjrq03we.jpeg]

Mk 3 golf 1.9td (AAZ) in near mint condition full mot 83,000miles pretty happy with it very rare now these aaz's especially in there orginal cars normally swapped out in to other cars.

So plan for zx will be strip engine get the forged rods in do head gasket and fit arps hopefully I can find an extra few quid for a turbo upgrade why it's in bits but I'll have to see how I get on with my money. 

Comments welcome as always.

Thanks given by:
if the wheels aren't rubbing the caliper you don't need a spacer.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(28-05-2017, 02:05 PM)welshpug Wrote: if the wheels aren't rubbing the caliper you don't need a spacer.

Spacers are fitted I missed that from the update, caliper was rubbing.

I've also manged to get the remote central locking work off the fob, and I've got some parts on there way to fix the rear wiper and heated rear window.

Thanks given by:
Nice to see you are still working away at it. ??
Thanks given by:
(31-05-2017, 10:06 PM)kyler000 Wrote: Nice to see you are still working away at it. ??

Not started any engine stripping yet it comes off the road today, I'll start stripping it when I can be bothered. Picked up the golf yesterday and gave it a clean it has come up really well,  hopefully it turns in to a reliable daily why the zx is built.

It got my my daughters seal of approval Wink
Thanks given by:
So started to strip this down the other day, after a fair amount of swareing, I've got turbo, inlet, cambelt off and a few other bits. 

So I won a gt2259 on eBay the other day bought it because it was cheap (£5) any way it come and it's pretty much naffed so I've found a brand new one at the right price so that should be here soon but I'll use the naffed one to mock up and make the manifold up.

So that's were I'm at now got a couple of plates coming one for manifold one for hotside of the turbo so hopefully when they come I can get the turbo mounted and a relocation pipe made sort the oil lines. Then I'll pull it all back off again and set to work on pulling the head off ready for the forged rods and arps. 

Comments welcome.

Thanks given by:
All this effort - get a decent modern turbo on it

Ask Anton, he has something very modern, new and available at a very good price
Thanks given by:
(05-06-2017, 08:57 AM)zx_volcane Wrote: All this effort - get a decent modern turbo on it

Ask Anton, he has something very modern, new and available at a very good price

I've seen that turbo, controlling vnt is my issue I really can't get my head around it, so hence why I want to keep a waste gated turbo. Hopefully in the future I can go vnt would really love vnt for sure.

Thanks given by:
Where have you seen it?
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
(05-06-2017, 02:37 PM)Anton Wrote: Where have you seen it?

I assumed it's the same turbo you offered tom (bash) on fb when he was asking for a bigger hdi turbo?

Thanks given by:
Ah ok yes Smile. Think it will fit behind the block
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
I had a nose at a few things to do with that turbo the other night actually. Seems a stonking turbo. Unfortunatly lack of funds and the kingfisher still needing work its not for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
I wish I'd done more research in to the vnt, I manged to find a ready made vnt controller on eBay for these mechanical engines. Looks pretty simple set up plug and play with no programing. What are your guys thoughts on this.

Look at this on eBay  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181990413698

Thanks given by:
(06-06-2017, 08:51 AM)Chris_90 Wrote: I wish I'd done more research in to the vnt, I manged to find a ready made vnt controller on eBay for these mechanical engines. Looks pretty simple set up plug and play with no programing. What are your guys thoughts on this.

Look at this on eBay  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181990413698

Thats a good find

For the price I;d be tempted to just buy it and give it a go

Can't be any worse than a boost can / mbc

With Anton's vnt should be absolutely epic
Thanks given by:
On that note who wants to buy a brand new gt2259 if I sold that I'd be all over a vnt!

Thanks given by:
L     Nice car, looks nearly identical to my old bus ? 
Had mine for nearly ten years now, great car and everything still works even though it's done 320k!
(Although I do keep it well maintained!)
Thanks given by:
Very nice indeed that nice to see another 3 door about. 320k is good going for sure this is on 181k so hopefully plenty more life in it yet.

Got another a llittle update why I'm on here, mounted a fmic the other day, looks like I'll be able to keep standard fans to what will be a bonus to keep it abit cooler. 

Also I manged to bag my self a free td04 adapter plate, from a random message on eBay so gonna use that for the plate for the relocation manifold.

Ordered a few more bits off eBay for the battery relocation. Forged rods should be here Monday, all the parts are starting to come together so need to get cracking with the spanners.

Comments welcome

Thanks given by:
(11-06-2017, 07:51 AM).Chris_90 Wrote: Very nice indeed that nice to see another 3 door about. 320k is good going for sure this is on 181k so hopefully plenty more life in it yet.

Got another a llittle update why I'm on here, mounted a fmic the other day, looks like I'll be able to keep standard fans to what will be a bonus to keep it abit cooler. 

Also I manged to bag my self a free td04 adapter plate, from a random message on eBay so gonna use that for the plate for the relocation manifold.

Ordered a few more bits off eBay for the battery relocation. Forged rods should be here Monday, all the parts are starting to come together so need to get cracking with the spanners.

Comments welcome
Hopefully a I'll get to 400k!
Had a rear axle recon at 200k and light mods such as grooved discs and green stuff pads, did the powerflex engine mount as you've done and just a little tweak of the pump (Lucas) to reclaim some lost horses that I'm sure it's lost over the years and that's about it.
Good luck with yours, I hope it's as good a car to you as mine has been to me, I'm liking the modification updates, keep em comingSmile

Lol, just realised I bought a tailgate from you off of your old red car around 18mths ago after some numpty drove into me on the M1!

(11-06-2017, 08:12 AM)Zippy121 Wrote:
(11-06-2017, 07:51 AM).Chris_90 Wrote: Very nice indeed that nice to see another 3 door about. 320k is good going for sure this is on 181k so hopefully plenty more life in it yet.

Comments welcome
Hopefully a I'll get to 400k!
Had a rear axle recon at 200k and light mods such as grooved discs and green stuff pads, did the powerflex engine mount as you've done and just a little tweak of the pump (Lucas) to reclaim some lost horses that I'm sure it's lost over the years and that's about it.
Good luck with yours, I hope it's as good a car to you as mine has been to me, I'm liking the modification updates, keep em comingSmile

Lol, just realised I bought a tailgate from you off of your old red car around 18mths ago after some numpty drove into me on the M1!
Thanks given by:
Ahhh you did I remember selling the boot to an owner of a 3 door zx. Be good if it did make it to 400k best way to do it at standard power and look after them then they will go for ever.

Thanks given by:

A little update, because I need verious tools to mount the turbo decided to pull the head off. I've lost the little locating dowel from the back corner tho, is it needed? Or will it be fine with out?

Thanks given by:
(12-06-2017, 09:19 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: A little update, because I need verious tools to mount the turbo decided to pull the head off. I've lost the little locating dowel from the back corner tho, is it needed? Or will it be fine with out?

you don't really need it if you're running ARPs

I've run without in the past, but bought one again and stuffed it it.

The one thing it does help you do is have the HG on the right way ...

They're pennies from peugeot dealer Smile
Thanks given by:
Don't suppose you have a part number do you tom? I'd rather stick one in for peace of mind. It is having arp's in tho so if I can't get one then I'll have to run with out.

Thanks given by:
Locating Dowel - 6968 35
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(13-06-2017, 10:02 AM)Ruan Wrote: Locating Dowel - 6968 35

Thanks Smile

Thanks given by:

The main parts of the build have arrived Big GrinBig Grin really can't wait to get boosting now!

Thanks given by:
Ta da!
Thanks given by:
nice bit of personalisation
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Citroen zx Volcane DT James 69 31,305 22-12-2020, 12:04 PM
Last Post: mr_fish
  Zx volcane td 5 door Danmoy90 5 3,149 17-09-2019, 10:49 PM
Last Post: dt_
  Chris_90's citroen zx volcane The END Chris_90 309 83,887 29-09-2015, 09:00 PM
Last Post: Chris_90