Peugeot 406 coupe hdi, mapped and lowered

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peugeot 406 coupe hdi, mapped and lowered
Longlife are franchise no? So prob just down to how good the garage that did it was.

I had one done a while back and they didn't want me to hang around at all, and basically ignored my spec and did a system I wasn't happy with.
Thanks given by:
(21-11-2014, 09:07 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: Longlife are franchise no? So prob just down to how good the garage that did it was.

I had one done a while back and they didn't want me to hang around at all, and basically ignored my spec and did a system I wasn't happy with.

Yeah they are, robs was done in Reading iirc and for the quality of exhaust I'd happily travel to them if they can indeed make it exactly how I want
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
If you're willing to travel I can recommend MIJ or Ashley, both in Walsall
Thanks given by:
(21-11-2014, 09:27 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: If you're willing to travel I can recommend MIJ or Ashley, both in Walsall

Ah cool, I shall investigate further when I'm ready for a new exhaust Smile

Walsall is closer than reading too aha
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Some more stuff fitted tonight while giving rob a hand doing a few bits on his hdi

[Image: 20141125_192623_zps137ab76d.jpg]

Replaced the headlights for a pair with intact bulb holders and mounting clips, so nice to have main beam back

Fitted v6 strutbrace, not really noticed much difference but hard to tell what it truly handles like until the floppy balljoints have been replaced.

Replaced wiper arms for a pair with decent tension, no more missing spots on the screen Smile

Its the little bits that transform a car the most
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(21-11-2014, 09:22 PM)ozonehostile Wrote:
(21-11-2014, 09:07 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: Longlife are franchise no? So prob just down to how good the garage that did it was.

Yeah they are, robs was done in Reading iirc and for the quality of exhaust I'd happily travel to them if they can indeed make it exactly how I want

Longlife ftw probably the nicest shiny on that car [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

(26-11-2014, 12:07 AM)ozonehostile Wrote: Some more stuff fitted tonight while giving rob a hand doing a few bits on his hdi

Replaced the headlights for a pair with intact bulb holders and mounting clips, so nice to have main beam back

Fitted v6 strutbrace, not really noticed much difference but hard to tell what it truly handles like until the floppy balljoints have been replaced.

Replaced wiper arms for a pair with decent tension, no more missing spots on the screen Smile

Gotta say the headlights on these things are wonderful. Projector headlights are definitely the right direction. Such a difference and main beam is a must on the herefordshire roads.

Won't even start what a pig the astor was >.> them f***ing balljoints and losing so many pliers doing handbrake cables on the floor [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
(26-11-2014, 08:06 AM)Razorback_Rob Wrote:
(21-11-2014, 09:22 PM)ozonehostile Wrote:

(26-11-2014, 12:07 AM)ozonehostile Wrote: Some more stuff fitted tonight while giving rob a hand doing a few bits on his hdi

Gotta say the headlights on these things are wonderful. Projector headlights are definitely the right direction. Such a difference and main beam is a must on the herefordshire roads.

Won't even start what a pig the astor was >.> them f***ing balljoints and losing so many pliers doing handbrake cables on the floor [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Aha robs 4th dimension where all the tools go
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(26-11-2014, 08:09 AM)ozonehostile Wrote:
(26-11-2014, 08:06 AM)Razorback_Rob Wrote:
(21-11-2014, 09:22 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: Yeah they are, robs was done in Reading iirc and for the quality of exhaust I'd happily travel to them if they can indeed make it exactly how I want

Aha robs 4th dimension where all the tools go

Full of Angle grinded droplinks.

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
Don't you just love having to fix the work of what I can only presume was an ape that butchered the radio wiring loom.

For some reason I can't fathom, they've cut all the wires from ignition live and spliced in a permanent live from the battery, hence radio permanently on and very badly grounded.

Spent a couple of hours going through every wire in the harness, of which there is alot since everything from the headunit on an se spec coupe goes to the amplifier in the boot, then back to each speaker. I also reattached a loose earth from the amp and cleaned up the contact area but still have a small crackle occasionally from presumably another loose connection somewhere.

[Image: 20141130_224150_zps47509110.jpg]
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(01-12-2014, 10:49 AM)ozonehostile Wrote: Don't you just love having to fix the work of what I can only presume was an ape that butchered the radio wiring loom.

For some reason I can't fathom, they've cut all the wires from ignition live and spliced in a permanent live from the battery, hence radio permanently on and very badly grounded.

Spent a couple of hours going through every wire in the harness, of which there is alot since everything from the headunit on an se spec coupe goes to the amplifier in the boot, then back to each speaker. I also reattached a loose earth from the amp and cleaned up the contact area but still have a small crackle occasionally from presumably another loose connection somewhere.

[Image: 20141130_224150_zps47509110.jpg]

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
why no 6 speed Dodgy
Thanks given by:
You've made me look for these...I can't really find any! They're pretty uncommon, well done for finding a nice one!
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(02-12-2014, 01:00 PM)mr_fish Wrote: why no 6 speed Dodgy

Yeah I'm annoyed Peugeot gave it everything apart from a 6 speed too haha

Although unlike our friend the dw10 hdi there is a direct fit 6 speed diesel box for the dw12

Unfortunately it's highly sought after so I'm hoping Matt will get one at work that I can get before any other coupe owners get wind of it :p

(02-12-2014, 05:19 PM)RetroPug Wrote: You've made me look for these...I can't really find any! They're pretty uncommon, well done for finding a nice one!

It seems that the cheap hdi ones get snapped up immediately and the ones that are for sale are either mint and demanding £3k + or a complete dog, no middle ground on these like the 306

Best chance to find a decent one is find someone selling with dpf problems like I did, easy to fix for people like us but still a bad enough sounding problem to knock a few hundred quid off.

My advice though is buy a forum car, been finding so many little issues with mine, slowly getting through them but I kinda wish I'd forked out an extra grand and found one with everything already 100%

Good way to learn a new car though, I've certainly learned alot about these cars in the last few weeks
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Now everything is nearly sorted I think I'm going to sell this haha

I'm not doing chronic mileage these days like I used to so no real need for a diesel, so I'm looking to get a v6 coupe as I love these cars.

I'm just a sucker for top spec Peugeot petrols ?
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Don't you still have the '6? Seems a bit pointless to have a petrol daily as well?

Theres a decent looking Black edition near me. Seems cheap but isn't a V6 unfortunately. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-406-CO...3cede40547
Thanks given by:
(07-12-2014, 07:38 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Don't you still have the '6?  Seems a bit pointless to have a petrol daily as well?

Theres a decent looking Black edition near me.  Seems cheap but isn't a V6 unfortunately. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-406-CO...3cede40547

Yeah I've got that, but with bodies it will definitely be a fun only car, I don't think a v6 would cost me anymore to run than I'm wasting on diesel at the moment. Struggling to do more than 36mpg with short journeys and traffic plus petrol is cheap. 

Then there's the noise 
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
36mpg on diesel!? Damn, can see your point then, might as well have a petrol! Confused
Thanks given by:
I averaged 22mpg out if my v6

Got it up to 36mpg on an early morning run from peterborough to Bristol
Thanks given by:
I've got a very specific requirement for a v6

D9 with the 210bhp vvc engine
Se spec
Unusual colour
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(07-12-2014, 07:18 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: Now everything is nearly sorted I think I'm going to sell this haha

I'm not doing chronic mileage these days like I used to so no real need for a diesel, so I'm looking to get a v6 coupe as I love these cars.

I'm just a sucker for top spec Peugeot petrols ?

Got any details on it? Mileage, history, anything you didn't sort etc. etc. ?
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Mileage is currently on 168k but going up as I use it daily, not alot in terms of history other than what I've replaced myself, I have found bits of paper around the car that suggest it was maintained by Robins and day Peugeot in Birmingham for some of its life, a few service windows on pp2k filled in by Peugeot too. 

So far I'll have replaced:
Anti roll bar links front and rear 
Top engine mount 
Drive belt tensioner 
Map sensor 
Balljoints 
Rear discs and pads 
Adjusted handbrake 
Both headlights 
Fitted 16" v6 wheels 
Sorted rear lights dodgy earth 
Fully serviced with genuine parts where applicable, oil filter, air filter, fuel filter, cabin air filter, total fully synthetic engine and gearbox oils 
Front brake hoses 
Fitted v6 strut brace 
Fitted new wipers and wiper arms 
New gas struts on the boot lid 
And got a pair of brembo calipers and 305mm discs waiting to go on when I have time 
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
God if your talking about selling I'd be bloody tempted as I miss mine and the 26 mpg rallye aint cheap as a daily
Thanks given by:
I'm going to view a v6 next weekend and if I like it the hdi will be for sale, although I might try the 180bhp map and dpf delete first :p
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Just read the 36mpg bit, hmm probably not worth buying another car for commuting at that kind of mpg.
Do really like this though.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
You're worse than dumdum and tom306 for moving on from pugs!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(08-12-2014, 06:52 PM)RetroPug Wrote: Just read the 36mpg bit, hmm probably not worth buying another car for commuting at that kind of mpg.

On a long journey it happily averages over 50 mpg, it's just not great for me driving 8 miles of twisty hilly roads then sitting in traffic for ages. The commute to work is such a shit Road for fuel economy that it makes little difference between petrol and diesel tbf 

(08-12-2014, 06:53 PM)Piggy Wrote: You're worse than dumdum and tom306 for moving on from pugs!!

Lol, I just like to try as many different types as possible :p 
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(08-12-2014, 11:12 PM)ozonehostile Wrote:
(08-12-2014, 06:52 PM)RetroPug Wrote: Just read the 36mpg bit, hmm probably not worth buying another car for commuting at that kind of mpg.

On a long journey it happily averages over 50 mpg, it's just not great for me driving 8 miles of twisty hilly roads then sitting in traffic for ages. The commute to work is such a shit Road for fuel economy that it makes little difference between petrol and diesel tbf 

(08-12-2014, 06:53 PM)Piggy Wrote: You're worse than dumdum and tom306 for moving on from pugs!!

Lol, I just like to try as many different types as possible :p 

Fair enough. Well I'll keep it in mind. My commute is currently a-roads and motorway only but a few crawling sections of roadworks and quite a lot of roundabouts. Sad

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
After lots of umming and ahhing about if I want to keep this I've bit the bullet and decided to fix absolutely everything, sort a proper exhaust out, lower and most importantly remap and see if I love it then. Also has added bonus of being worth alot more if everything is 100%

Started today with replacing both balljoints (bitch of a job, see why it's advised at 6 hours labour on service box) 
Both track rod ends 
Mild refurb on the brembos 
New brake hoses 
New discs and Mintex pads 
Boot on steering rack 

Pretty happy with progress for a days work, try and get it tracked after work tomorrow [Image: 20141216_184650_zps91a751b1.jpg]
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Has it got those ball bearing ball joints?? Or is it just the screw in upside down jobbies??

SO glad your not going for that gaymobile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(16-12-2014, 11:33 PM)Piggy Wrote: Has it got those ball bearing ball joints?? Or is it just the screw in upside down jobbies??

SO glad your not going for that gaymobile
Just the screw into the hub type on this, although I have heard that there are coupes with the bearing type ones, and looking on service box there seem to be a few different types of wishbone 
The old ones were original and an absolute bitch to get out, hubs off, in vice with blowtorch and hammer job 
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stu's coupe. BMW content.. disco stu 87 25,661 05-10-2014, 06:14 PM
Last Post: disco stu